Delivery/Tracking

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Re: Delivery/Tracking

Post by PhilArnold »

MrTomOates wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:28 pm
PhilArnold wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:00 pm City of Rotterdam is now set to arrive into Grimsby tomorrow afternoon, so will be departing this afternoon
Oh wow.

Now this is tense stuff :lol:
I hope we're all on the same ship!
My dealer has just emailed me too saying it's now loaded onto a ship to the UK, so it's definitely that one, about time!
MrTomOates
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by MrTomOates »

PhilArnold wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:30 pm
MrTomOates wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:28 pm
PhilArnold wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:00 pm City of Rotterdam is now set to arrive into Grimsby tomorrow afternoon, so will be departing this afternoon
Oh wow.

Now this is tense stuff :lol:
I hope we're all on the same ship!
My dealer has just emailed me too saying it's now loaded onto a ship to the UK, so it's definitely that one, about time!
That's brilliant news! Congratulations mate!

I wish my salesman was as responsive as yours, I've had no updates from my salesman since the order of my car. I've had to find out everything myself through Live Chat!
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

Wow that’s a good dealer as I’m in the same situation as MrTom Oates having to chase dealer who still hasn’t been able to update me. Back to live chat it is then 🙏
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

All eyes on the Rotterdam then. That’s a quick turnaround from the Glovis but the Rotterdam has been sitting there for a few days. Perhaps waiting for the SA boat to arrive....

Fingers crossed all. I know they’ll come eventually but it’s still fun to track them 🙂
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Post by PhilArnold »

brainbow wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:02 pm All eyes on the Rotterdam then. That’s a quick turnaround from the Glovis but the Rotterdam has been sitting there for a few days. Perhaps waiting for the SA boat to arrive....

Fingers crossed all. I know they’ll come eventually but it’s still fun to track them 🙂
Yeah I wouldn't read too much into what has happened to me as mine came in on the glovis star just under a month ago.... But fingers crossed for you guys too
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

Well my joy was short lived. I’m fuming with VW. I used live chat for an update only to be informed that they don’t know where my car is other than in transit and couldn’t tell me a ship or expected arrival in Emden despite last week customer services telling me that it was due in Emden now. I had a moan and live chat guy said he couldn’t understand how I was given that information as he can see what they can and all it says is in transit from SA to Emden but no ship or eta? I’ve had enough and ready to tell them to jack it and cancel my order. I’ve never had such a miserable customer experiences as this and it’s sucked out all the joy. 8 months and still no one can give me a straight answer on what’s going on. How can they say they can’t tell me a ship now when they did last week. All I get is well ask your dealer to talk to you which they never do. I give up and ready to cancel :x
ShockingIce
Getting There!

Post by ShockingIce »

Ima wrote:Well my joy was short lived. I’m fuming with VW. I used live chat for an update only to be informed that they don’t know where my car is other than in transit and couldn’t tell me a ship or expected arrival in Emden despite last week customer services telling me that it was due in Emden now. I had a moan and live chat guy said he couldn’t understand how I was given that information as he can see what they can and all it says is in transit from SA to Emden but no ship or eta? I’ve had enough and ready to tell them to jack it and cancel my order. I’ve never had such a miserable customer experiences as this and it’s sucked out all the joy. 8 months and still no one can give me a straight answer on what’s going on. How can they say they can’t tell me a ship now when they did last week. All I get is well ask your dealer to talk to you which they never do. I give up and ready to cancel :x
I’ve spoken to the live chat previously and they told me that they can’t look at information relating to an order so I am not sure! However some people have been able to get it through live chat. My dealer has been giving me all the information - I think you should tell them what you’ve put here and see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Ima, just tell them you’ve waited eight months and are considering changing to a bmw or merc as nobody can be straight with you. Worked for some others on here.
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

Im calling my dealer tomorrow and telling them they do some work and find out where the car actually is or they can keep my £250 deposit and I’m off to a company that actually wants to have my custom. Im not sure any car is worth the hassle.
PO10ASH
Getting There!
Drives: POLO GTI+

Post by PO10ASH »

Ima wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:32 pm Well my joy was short lived. I’m fuming with VW. I used live chat for an update only to be informed that they don’t know where my car is other than in transit and couldn’t tell me a ship or expected arrival in Emden despite last week customer services telling me that it was due in Emden now. I had a moan and live chat guy said he couldn’t understand how I was given that information as he can see what they can and all it says is in transit from SA to Emden but no ship or eta? I’ve had enough and ready to tell them to jack it and cancel my order. I’ve never had such a miserable customer experiences as this and it’s sucked out all the joy. 8 months and still no one can give me a straight answer on what’s going on. How can they say they can’t tell me a ship now when they did last week. All I get is well ask your dealer to talk to you which they never do. I give up and ready to cancel :x
That's not good to hear, especially since we ordered so close to each other! Mine arrived at the dealership on the 14th. I know we were tracking and hoping for cars to land around the same week, considering we ordered so close together. Have you tried using the https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/my#/owners/my/ tracking system? I've found the app useless and the Sales Exc was furloughed so I didn't hear anything until last week when we had a conversation (or lack of*) about registration plates* and confirmation of a collection date.
Last edited by PO10ASH on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

VW's customer service really is awful. Completely understand your frustration Ima. I waited from July 2018 - May 2019 for my car. Luckily my dealer was pretty good and did give me updates when they were available, heard quite a few horror stories though and there seems to be a lot of inconsistencies across different dealerships.

Absolutely love the car but don't think I'd wait that long again, just out of principle really.
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

Ima. Did not panic yet.

When I ordered mine in 2018 I got conflicting info from the live chat. One day told on a boat then a short while later it was still South Africa. Turned out it was on the boat and ok all along.

For some reason the main source of transit info is now the dealer. They have full details available of boats and times etc. Back in 2018 the live chat was the best source I found.

Overall it’s very frustrating but the car will arrive exactly when it does and no sooner. I just wish VW realised how so many people want to track their new car. Esp after so many months.

I only say this as my 2018 car took just over 6 months.

That said I can’t wait to get mine. I know it’s at Emden just needs a boat to the UK. Fingers crossed it’s days not weeks
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@ima, I can understand your frustration but IMO, you’d be cutting off your nose to spite your face if you were to cancel.

VW communication is poor and always has been. Your car’s been built and is in transit, so there’s a pretty good chance you’ll be taking delivery before the end of September which is what you were anticipating. To be honest, if you did cancel, the only person who’d lose out would be you - the dealer wouldn’t be concerned about a lost sale as they’d easily be able to sell an in-demand car like a Polo GTI+. Also bear in mind you’d lose your deposit.

Stick with it. Whatever stage your car is at in the journey from the factory to the dealer (chances are it’s either at Emden or in transit from Emden and the UK), you’ve not got much longer to wait.
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

Cheers all for all your wise words. I’ve never needed car therapy before 😆 I’m sure I’ll feel better when I’ve slept on it 👍 (well about the longer wait and not the poor customer services).
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Malacca Highway is also en route from Emden to Grimsby; estimated arrival time 04.00 tomorrow morning.

So there are two car carrying vessels (City of Rotterdam and Malacca Highway) currently travelling from Emden to Grimsby, which means there’s a good chance cars dropped off by Golvis Century at Emden yesterday might be on one of these two vessels.