Delivery/Tracking

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
ShockingIce
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: Delivery/Tracking

Post by ShockingIce »

brainbow wrote:Great picture [emoji23]

If you look across various vessel tracking websites you can find where they are moored, been and eventually where they are going before departure.
Takes a bit of flicking around but I’m sad and enjoy it.

The Schelde Highway is moored in the same spot the City of Rotterdam was before.
I do try [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

The Danube Highway is now showing leaving Emden today for Sheerness. Hopefully good news for lots of people waiting patiently. 😀
ShockingIce
Getting There!

Post by ShockingIce »

brainbow wrote:The Danube Highway is now showing leaving Emden today for Sheerness. Hopefully good news for lots of people waiting patiently. [emoji3]
It’s possible that’s what I’m on [emoji23]

MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

There's a lot of ships going to Grimsby and Sheerness. Is it just me who thinks that there's a lot of ships going from Emden to either Grimsby and/or Sheerness? I'm not complaining though :lol:
brainbow
Bronze Member

Post by brainbow »

ShockingIce wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:15 pm
brainbow wrote:The Danube Highway is now showing leaving Emden today for Sheerness. Hopefully good news for lots of people waiting patiently. [emoji3]
It’s possible that’s what I’m on [emoji23]

It’s underway so fingers crossed for you mate 😀
pie1910
New
Drives: Match

Post by pie1910 »

I ordered my Polo Match on the 1st August, aiming for a 1st September delivery (no extra's but the 1.0 TSI). I've been checking the My VW app religiously since a few days after ordering but was showing the error of 'can take up to 72 hours to be added to the system'. Yesterday I decided to log out and log back in, low and behold it started tracking and my car is showing at stage 5. This morning I received a text to say it was at stage 5C and is on route to the UK. I am beyond excited, this will be my first VW and I can't wait for it to arrive. VW Barnsley have been amazing throughout the process, nothing seems too much trouble for them. Thank you for finding the ship that they're due to arrive at Grimsby on, I will be tracking it until it arrives in the UK :D
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

pie1910 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:23 pm I ordered my Polo Match on the 1st August, aiming for a 1st September delivery (no extra's but the 1.0 TSI). I've been checking the My VW app religiously since a few days after ordering but was showing the error of 'can take up to 72 hours to be added to the system'. Yesterday I decided to log out and log back in, low and behold it started tracking and my car is showing at stage 5. This morning I received a text to say it was at stage 5C and is on route to the UK. I am beyond excited, this will be my first VW and I can't wait for it to arrive. VW Barnsley have been amazing throughout the process, nothing seems too much trouble for them. Thank you for finding the ship that they're due to arrive at Grimsby on, I will be tracking it until it arrives in the UK :D
@pie1910; Sounds like your dealer was able to allocate a car to you that had already been built and was in transit from the factory to the UK, as the ordering and build process with VW takes much longer than you are experiencing (usually around 5-6 months minimum for a factory order from the time of ordering the car to getting it - sometimes much longer).

Not long to wait. Seems there are quite a few forum members who’ll be getting their new cars within the next few weeks. Be sure to update the forum on what you think of your new car when you get it.
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Post by PhilArnold »

Status 6 SMS this morning so things are definitely moving now, looks like it did come in on the city of Rotterdam
pie1910
New

Post by pie1910 »

PhilArnold wrote:Status 6 SMS this morning so things are definitely moving now, looks like it did come in on the city of Rotterdam
Just received the text myself, I was sure it was coming in on Schelde Highway but it’s still only half way to Grimsby from Ebdem. I wonder if it did arrive yesterday but the texts only come through around the 8am mark?

pie1910
New

Post by pie1910 »

SRGTD wrote:
pie1910 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:23 pm I ordered my Polo Match on the 1st August, aiming for a 1st September delivery (no extra's but the 1.0 TSI). I've been checking the My VW app religiously since a few days after ordering but was showing the error of 'can take up to 72 hours to be added to the system'. Yesterday I decided to log out and log back in, low and behold it started tracking and my car is showing at stage 5. This morning I received a text to say it was at stage 5C and is on route to the UK. I am beyond excited, this will be my first VW and I can't wait for it to arrive. VW Barnsley have been amazing throughout the process, nothing seems too much trouble for them. Thank you for finding the ship that they're due to arrive at Grimsby on, I will be tracking it until it arrives in the UK :D
@pie1910; Sounds like your dealer was able to allocate a car to you that had already been built and was in transit from the factory to the UK, as the ordering and build process with VW takes much longer than you are experiencing (usually around 5-6 months minimum for a factory order from the time of ordering the car to getting it - sometimes much longer).

Not long to wait. Seems there are quite a few forum members who’ll be getting their new cars within the next few weeks. Be sure to update the forum on what you think of your new car when you get it.
Yes they said that they’d be able to get me one in time for the 70 plate. I’m not really fussed about the reg but I think I would’ve kicked myself if I had got it a week before the 70’s came out rather than waiting.

I did test drive a 69 plate SEL 115ps but it would’ve worked out more expensive than a brand new Match, it wouldn’t have qualified for the dealer deposit contribution. Other than the engine, the fact I could get it sooner (and the arm rest) there wasn’t that much appeal. I chose the Match over it due to the financial savings, I did also try a Beats but it was a bit too ‘loud’ inside, the fact that the spare wheel had been replaced with a sub was also a bit impractical too.

Coming from Vauxhall’s, a Ford (52 plate KA) and 2 Citroen’s, I’m looking forward to experiencing a better build quality and experience all together.

I was saying to my other half yesterday, it’s such a small world to know someone else’s car is on the ship with mine and that other people are in the same boat (no pun intended haha) of waiting for their car and receiving the texts messages at the same time as me.

PhilArnold
Bronze Member

Post by PhilArnold »

pie1910 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:15 am
PhilArnold wrote:Status 6 SMS this morning so things are definitely moving now, looks like it did come in on the city of Rotterdam
Just received the text myself, I was sure it was coming in on Schelde Highway but it’s still only half way to Grimsby from Ebdem. I wonder if it did arrive yesterday but the texts only come through around the 8am mark?

Yeah i think that's the case, as my dealer emailed me on Monday to say it was loaded on a boat in Emden, and at that point Schedle Highway hadn't even arrived in Emden
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

You lucky sods :lol:

I’ve contacted Live Chat again today (may as well work part-time for them) and I’ve eventually gathered info that my car is ready to be loaded onto a ship that’s going to Grimsby today, however, the advisor did say that it could be either today or tomorrow when it departs so which ever ship that goes to Grimsby from today and tomorrow, that’s the ship mine is on.

Progress at last though, I hope it’s true 🤞🏽
brainbow
Bronze Member

Post by brainbow »

Hi mrtom....

I had a text update today just after 8am. Suggests something’s on the move.
Yours came in on the Glovis Century right? Like me....

Mines also Grimsby bound so fingers crossed we’re on the same.

The City of Rotterdam is the only boat currently in Emdon. Seems most likely but not showing a destination on the internet sites as yet.
The Malacca Highway is sitting out at sea, presumably as it needs a space to land at.

Good luck!
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

brainbow wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:51 am Hi mrtom....

The City of Rotterdam is the only boat currently in Emdon. Seems most likely but not showing a destination on the internet sites as yet.
The Malacca Highway is sitting out at sea, presumably as it needs a space to land at.

Good luck!
Hi mate,

Yeah I’m confident if yours hasn’t already arrived in the UK with some of the members on here then you will be on the same boat with me coming back, fingers crossed.

I’ve had a look at ships going too and from Emden. Still not too sure on where they will be going and at what time and day but I’ve at least identified potential ships anyway.

Here’s what I have so far:

City of Rotterdam ( AT EMDEN )

Current location: Emden, Germany
Arrived: Aug 19th, 20:30

Destination:
Time of arrival:

Malacca Highway

Current location: en route Emden, Germany
Arriving: Aug 20, 09:45am (Running late)

Destination:
Time of arrival:

Columbia Highway (ANCHORED)

Current location: Anchored, en route Emden
Arriving: Aug 21, 22:00

Destination:
Time of arrival:

I’ll probs keep this post updated with times and destinations.
PhilArnold
Bronze Member

Post by PhilArnold »

MrTomOates wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:41 am
brainbow wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:51 am Hi mrtom....

Good luck!
Hi mate,

Yeah I’m confident if yours hasn’t already arrived in the UK with some of the members on here then you will be on the same boat with me coming back, fingers crossed.

I’ve had a look at ships going too and from Emden. Still not too sure on where they will be going and at what time and day but I’ve at least identified potential ships anyway.

Here’s what I have so far:

City of Rotterdam ( AT EMDEN )

Current location: Emden, Germany
Arrived: Aug 19th, 20:30

Destination:
Time of arrival:

Malacca Highway

Current location: en route Emden, Germany
Arriving: Aug 20, 09:45am (Running late)

Destination:
Time of arrival:

Columbia Highway (ANCHORED)

Current location: Anchored, en route Emden
Arriving: Aug 21, 22:00

Destination:
Time of arrival:

I’ll probs keep this post updated with times and destinations.

Columbia Highway is a large oceangoing transporter that won't be used for runs to the UK (you can see that its currently on its way from the US)
I'd personally keep an eye on Neckar Highway and City of Rotterdam as likely options to get to Grimsby, as I suspect that Malacca Highway will resume its usual sheerness shuttle runs