Delivery/Tracking

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MrTomOates
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: Delivery/Tracking

Post by MrTomOates »

Columbia Highway is a large oceangoing transporter that won't be used for runs to the UK (you can see that its currently on its way from the US)
I'd personally keep an eye on Neckar Highway and City of Rotterdam as likely options to get to Grimsby, as I suspect that Malacca Highway will resume its usual sheerness shuttle runs
Yeah that does seem to be a ship that’ll avoid the UK. I think if anything, anybody waiting to go to from Emden to Grimsby will more than likely be on the ‘City of Rotterdam’ because it’s already stayed at Emden for 12hours. I have a feeling that it’s going to be staying in Emden for a couple of days like it’s previous stay. Maybe that’s down to the fact that it was completely empty and/or it’s being loaded to it’s full capacity to drop off at Grimsby.

Fingers crossed!
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Post by PhilArnold »

MrTomOates wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:24 pm
Columbia Highway is a large oceangoing transporter that won't be used for runs to the UK (you can see that its currently on its way from the US)
I'd personally keep an eye on Neckar Highway and City of Rotterdam as likely options to get to Grimsby, as I suspect that Malacca Highway will resume its usual sheerness shuttle runs
Yeah that does seem to be a ship that’ll avoid the UK. I think if anything, anybody waiting to go to from Emden to Grimsby will more than likely be on the ‘City of Rotterdam’ because it’s already stayed at Emden for 12hours. I have a feeling that it’s going to be staying in Emden for a couple of days like it’s previous stay. Maybe that’s down to the fact that it was completely empty and/or it’s being loaded to it’s full capacity to drop off at Grimsby.

Fingers crossed!
Usually its just under 24h in Emden but the last stop was alot slower. The route normally gets released a couple of hours before departure
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

After all that, waiting for the City of Rotterdam to show up as going to Grimsby... it’s going to Newcastle instead and I don’t think that’s going to have my car boarded on it, however, that was a long wait at Emden.

And it’s departing in 2 days...
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

MrTomOates wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:11 pm After all that, waiting for the City of Rotterdam to show up as going to Grimsby... it’s going to Newcastle instead and I don’t think that’s going to have my car boarded on it, however, that was a long wait at Emden.

Can’t see anything obvious to Grimsby for a few days now. Looks whatever goes to Grimsby would have to do a run then back to Emden first
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

brainbow wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:37 am
MrTomOates wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:11 pm After all that, waiting for the City of Rotterdam to show up as going to Grimsby... it’s going to Newcastle instead and I don’t think that’s going to have my car boarded on it, however, that was a long wait at Emden.

Can’t see anything obvious to Grimsby for a few days now. Looks whatever goes to Grimsby would have to do a run then back to Emden first
I don’t even know if there’s the slightest chance it could be on the Newcastle ship? The advisor did say that it was being boarded yesterday, but it could take a while to depart (which they did get right at least) maybe it was due to go to Grimsby... honestly I’m trying to talk myself into thinking that this ship has my car on it to make me feel better :lol: With no other Grimsby ship for a while I can’t understand which ship my car has been put on other than this one ‘City of Rotterdam’.
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

Excitingly after all the lack of information I had 5b text this morning and knowing how out of date that is I might actually not be too far behind :D
brainbow
Bronze Member

Post by brainbow »

I had my 5b yesterday. So we must be in a roughly similar position.

I’ve asked my dealer for an update so should know a bit more in the next day or two.
StuartFacer
New

Post by StuartFacer »

Got a 5b text today as well, does that mean it’s ready to go on the ship to the UK from Emden??
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Post by PhilArnold »

MrTomOates wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:15 am

I don’t even know if there’s the slightest chance it could be on the Newcastle ship? The advisor did say that it was being boarded yesterday, but it could take a while to depart (which they did get right at least) maybe it was due to go to Grimsby... honestly I’m trying to talk myself into thinking that this ship has my car on it to make me feel better :lol: With no other Grimsby ship for a while I can’t understand which ship my car has been put on other than this one ‘City of Rotterdam’.
City of Rotterdam has gone to Tyne first and then called in at Grimsby on the way back to Emden a few times, so this could happen to you
ShockingIce
Getting There!

Post by ShockingIce »

I got my 6 this morning. Means I was on the Danube Highway that went to sheerness yesterday as I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShockingIce
Getting There!

Post by ShockingIce »

Just to make everyone aware too, my last 3 updates have been at 08:09am every day so unless it’s different for you guys I think that’s when it’s strangely updating

brainbow
Bronze Member

Post by brainbow »

5B should mean it’s at Emdon ready and waiting for a boat to the U.K.

In theory depending on where you live - North, Middle or South, a boat needs to come to your port. I think Tyne, Grimsby or Sheerness.

It’s just a waiting game now.

Once on the boat status should change to 5C.

Of course the system seems a bit behind. I think it updates you with a text the following morning.
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

Lovely 😊 I’ve seen on vw forums that tracker can be up to 4 days behind but at least we all know the long long wait is coming to an end...phew!
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

PhilArnold wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:19 am
MrTomOates wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:15 am

City of Rotterdam has gone to Tyne first and then called in at Grimsby on the way back to Emden a few times, so this could happen to you
Oh god, I’ve just contacted live chat again because yesterday the person said to try tomorrow and I connected with the same person, as soon as they realised it was me the chat disconnected and i found it hard to locate the live chat icon after that, eventually though I was back on and was connected to the same person, they apologised and without even asking for my order number, said “an advisor yesterday from their boarding team had made a mistake, my car wasn’t boarding yesterday and instead could be boarding towards the back end of next week”.

Is that a tactical decision to just get rid of me because now I just really can’t be bothered. That’s brutal 👍🏽
brainbow
Bronze Member

Post by brainbow »

ShockingIce wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:23 am Just to make everyone aware too, my last 3 updates have been at 08:09am every day so unless it’s different for you guys I think that’s when it’s strangely updating

My last update was 8.05am. So does seem like they run a morning update