Delivery/Tracking

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Re: Delivery/Tracking

Post by brainbow »

MrTomOates wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:48 am
PhilArnold wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:19 am
MrTomOates wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:15 am
I don’t even know if there’s the slightest chance it could be on the Newcastle ship? The advisor did say that it was being boarded yesterday, but it could take a while to depart (which they did get right at least) maybe it was due to go to Grimsby... honestly I’m trying to talk myself into thinking that this ship has my car on it to make me feel better :lol: With no other Grimsby ship for a while I can’t understand which ship my car has been put on other than this one ‘City of Rotterdam’.
City of Rotterdam has gone to Tyne first and then called in at Grimsby on the way back to Emden a few times, so this could happen to you
Oh god, I’ve just contacted live chat again because yesterday the person said to try tomorrow and I connected with the same person, as soon as they realised it was me the chat disconnected and i found it hard to locate the live chat icon after that, eventually though I was back on and was connected to the same person, they apologised and without even asking for my order number, said “an advisor yesterday from their boarding team had made a mistake, my car wasn’t boarding yesterday and instead could be boarding towards the back end of next week”.

Is that a tactical decision to just get rid of me because now I just really can’t be bothered. That’s brutal 👍🏽
I think the live chat cannot be trusted with up to date information. They do not have access to the boat portal anymore so I’m told they can only see what we see on the App. It’s dealer all the way for reliable info.
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

Live chat told me they want us to use the dealer but they can call through to the customer support team if you call them by telephone.
pie1910
New
Drives: Match

Post by pie1910 »

brainbow wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:54 am
ShockingIce wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:23 am Just to make everyone aware too, my last 3 updates have been at 08:09am every day so unless it’s different for you guys I think that’s when it’s strangely updating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My last update was 8.05am. So does seem like they run a morning update
The two texts I had were 08:09 Wednesday (5c) and 08:06 Thursday (6). I imagine it is just a systematic update that gets sent out each morning. It's more information I ever had from any other manufacturer before but it is still a little frustrating when it's not the most accurate.
StuartFacer
New

Post by StuartFacer »

Us lot who have had our 5b texts this morning at 8:09 do you reckon there is a chance they have made it onto the City of Rotterdam boat that has just left this morning, especially if it does the Tyne then Grimsby drop off, my car needs to get to the dealership in Barnsley.
Been waiting far too long for this car now
brainbow
Bronze Member

Post by brainbow »

StuartFacer wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:30 am Us lot who have had our 5b texts this morning at 8:09 do you reckon there is a chance they have made it onto the City of Rotterdam boat that has just left this morning, especially if it does the Tyne then Grimsby drop off, my car needs to get to the dealership in Barnsley.
Quite possible. The City of Rotterdam has done this previously
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

StuartFacer wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:30 am Us lot who have had our 5b texts this morning at 8:09 do you reckon there is a chance they have made it onto the City of Rotterdam boat that has just left this morning, especially if it does the Tyne then Grimsby drop off, my car needs to get to the dealership in Barnsley.
I really hope so as I agree the wait has been interminable for us so fingers crossed 🤞
brainbow
Bronze Member

Post by brainbow »

Neckar Highway currently in Emden showing going to Grimsby. Arrives tomorrow night.
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

Once we finally get car to UK port how long to get on a trailer to dealers?
brainbow
Bronze Member

Post by brainbow »

They say 7 days but my own experience is less than this. My last car took 4 days.
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

That’s interesting so not long. Just spoke to my dealer for update and told he’s not had it yet which I knew and basically why ask as it’s being registered in September and they are focusing on new orders anyway. Another example of being a valued customer! I said well it’s 10 days until September and anyway I’d just like an update for a change! I’ve only had three contacts in 8 months due to me calling each time. Told I’ll get an update call tonight or tomorrow but this is such a bad buying experience.

I’ve bought 12 cars in 10 years and never been so shocked by the poor customer service. All I’ve ever heard is we are concentrating on other customers so don’t bother us until car arrives. I am going to make a written complaint once I’ve had car as an argument now will finish things off and I’ll end up cancelling but is this really how bad VW has become? In comparison my wife ordered the Skoda 2 weeks ago and has already had an email updating order progress. Definitely my last VW no matter how good the car may be. I’m actually not looking forward to picking up as I’m so cross with the dealer I feel uncomfortable about going to get it. The car had better be worth it as I’m not sure anymore. It’s been so long I can barely remember what it was like to drive.
brainbow
Bronze Member

Post by brainbow »

Ima wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:48 pm That’s interesting so not long. Just spoke to my dealer for update and told he’s not had it yet which I knew and basically why ask as it’s being registered in September and they are focusing on new orders anyway. Another example of being a valued customer! I said well it’s 10 days until September and anyway I’d just like an update for a change! I’ve only had three contacts in 8 months due to me calling each time. Told I’ll get an update call tonight or tomorrow but this is such a bad buying experience.

I’ve bought 12 cars in 10 years and never been so shocked by the poor customer service. All I’ve ever heard is we are concentrating on other customers so don’t bother us until car arrives. I am going to make a written complaint once I’ve had car as an argument now will finish things off and I’ll end up cancelling but is this really how bad VW has become? In comparison my wife ordered the Skoda 2 weeks ago and has already had an email updating order progress. Definitely my last VW no matter how good the car may be. I’m actually not looking forward to picking up as I’m so cross with the dealer I feel uncomfortable about going to get it. The car had better be worth it as I’m not sure anymore. It’s been so long I can barely remember what it was like to drive.
I suspect once you get the car you’ll be very happy and all these worries will be forgotten 😀
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Post by PhilArnold »

Been contacting my dealer today, handover booked for Wed 2nd September so definitely looking forward to that now!
Purchased some of the official rubber mats as they looks quite nice, along with the £199 pre-registration service pack.
They're doing the PDI but no valeting of any kind inside and out
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

Thanks @brainbow yes you are probably right and that keeping me going. I’ll be glad then to move on to writing less whingy posts :lol:
Last edited by Ima on Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ima
Bronze Member

Post by Ima »

Ooh PhilArnold good news. Enjoy the pick up and new car smell 👍
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Ima wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:48 pm That’s interesting so not long. Just spoke to my dealer for update and told he’s not had it yet which I knew and basically why ask as it’s being registered in September and they are focusing on new orders anyway. Another example of being a valued customer! I said well it’s 10 days until September and anyway I’d just like an update for a change! I’ve only had three contacts in 8 months due to me calling each time. Told I’ll get an update call tonight or tomorrow but this is such a bad buying experience.

As with many car brands, dealership experience from one dealer to another can vary. I use a dealer who has a number of branches (and other VAG franchises), and I don’t use the branch nearest to me (7 miles away) as I was treated with disdain when I enquired about buying my first VW back on 2002. No doubt things will have changed at that branch, but that sort of treatment wasn’t warranted and isn’t forgotten by me. I travel 30 miles to the branch of the dealership I use, and have always been treated with respect, and with the exception of a poor salesperson when I bought my current car, I’ve always had a good experience - both from sales and service.

You may have the opportunity to complete a feedback questionnaire - in my experience, this doesn’t seem to happen every time, but if you do get asked to, then you can formally express your disappointment at your overall buying experience.

As @brainbow has said, I’m sure when you get your car, the experience of the past few weeks / months will be forgotten, and you can get on with enjoying your car.