Delivery/Tracking

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Re: Delivery/Tracking

Post by Ima »

Thanks @SRGTD. There’s alternate dealers thankfully not too far from where I’m purchasing from that will be my port of call so I won’t need to return and you are right, bad service is something people don’t forget. I’m going to expressly ask to give feedback even if they do offer. I already have the name of the Dealer principal in readiness. I don’t usually complain but I shall make an exception in this case. In all of that though you are right that once I pick up the car and drive off it will make up for it
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Ima, I also travel to my VW. I used my local branch for years as the sales guy was good but the servicing department was horrendous. So I started taking the cars to VW Inchcape at Bolton for servicing and they were excellent.

Then my sales guy left so I’ve now switched buying cars to Inchcape too and they’ve been again excellent. They kept me updated all the way through and we even ordered my wife a united spec a couple of weeks ago which is due start september.

I’d advise you to complain to the head of the dealership and the head of the group. I’d also advise you to leave google reviews and any other reviews once you have the car as others should know they don’t care once you’ve purchased.
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

Good idea @lancslad1985 I shall do that as they are a very large motor group. I should have looked before I bought from my dealership as it looks a familiar comment from reviews of their poor service.
jackwhittle760
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by jackwhittle760 »

For those that got stage 5C’s this week (I got mine Wednesday morning), I’ve just got my stage 7 this morning, so it’s arrived at dealer!!

Not long to go now! 😁
MrTomOates
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by MrTomOates »

jackwhittle760 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:37 am For those that got stage 5C’s this week (I got mine Wednesday morning), I’ve just got my stage 7 this morning, so it’s arrived at dealer!!

Not long to go now! 😁
I’ve just got my 5c, does this mean it’s on a ship, or does it mean it’s close to be dropped off at the port? That took your car 3 days from being near the UK to being at the dealer?
ShockingIce
Getting There!

Post by ShockingIce »

MrTomOates wrote:
jackwhittle760 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:37 am For those that got stage 5C’s this week (I got mine Wednesday morning), I’ve just got my stage 7 this morning, so it’s arrived at dealer!!

Not long to go now! [emoji16]
I’ve just got my 5c, does this mean it’s on a ship, or does it mean it’s close to be dropped off at the port? That took your car 3 days from being near the UK to being at the dealer?
I got mine the morning after my boat was at the UK [emoji23] so it’s anywhere between emden and in the UK by now [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

So really, am I looking at in the next few days... I'll be receiving a text to say it's at the dealership? (Please say yes :lol:)
jackwhittle760
New

Post by jackwhittle760 »

MrTomOates wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:50 am So really, am I looking at in the next few days... I'll be receiving a text to say it's at the dealership? (Please say yes :lol:)
Yes should be in UK this weekend and be at your dealers sometime next week hopefully. I think mine was super quick as my dealer is just down the road from the port so they go and collect themselves when they arrive rather than waiting for them to be delivered.
ShockingIce
Getting There!

Post by ShockingIce »

MrTomOates wrote:So really, am I looking at in the next few days... I'll be receiving a text to say it's at the dealership? (Please say yes :lol:)
I got the 5B Message on Wednesday morning. 5C on Thursday morning. 6 yesterday (Friday) morning and got nothing today yet. So yeah it’s sounding like maximum a week from now for you. If my dealer messages me I’m tempted to just say f**k it I can’t wait another week and get it ASAP instead of waiting for 70 plate [emoji23] impatient now

MrTomOates
Bronze Member

Post by MrTomOates »

ShockingIce wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:55 am
MrTomOates wrote:So really, am I looking at in the next few days... I'll be receiving a text to say it's at the dealership? (Please say yes :lol:)
I got the 5B Message on Wednesday morning. 5C on Thursday morning. 6 yesterday (Friday) morning and got nothing today yet. So yeah it’s sounding like maximum a week from now for you. If my dealer messages me I’m tempted to just say f**k it I can’t wait another week and get it ASAP instead of waiting for 70 plate [emoji23] impatient now

Honestly mate, I've thought "if my car came early, would I want to wait for a 70?" but I know let's say you get it early, the day September 1st comes around, you'll be thinking, why on earth did I bother picking it up early. :lol: I've already had that same scenario in my head and I think 70 plate is well worth it.

As for a week from now, that literally is music to my ears! Absolutely buzzzzzing :D
ShockingIce
Getting There!

Post by ShockingIce »

MrTomOates wrote:

Honestly mate, I've thought "if my car came early, would I want to wait for a 70?" but I know let's say you get it early, the day September 1st comes around, you'll be thinking, why on earth did I bother picking it up early. :lol: I've already had that same scenario in my head and I think 70 plate is well worth it.

As for a week from now, that literally is music to my ears! Absolutely buzzzzzing :D
I’m sticking a private plate on and giving it back after 4 years so not sure I will wait [emoji16]

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

MrTomOates wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:37 am

Not long to go now! 😁
5c = en route from Emden to the UK, so on a boat somewhere in the North Sea.

A key dependency of the time taken to get the car to the dealer once it’s reached the UK is the distribution company used to transport the cars; the number of car transporters they have available, the number of spaces available on a transporter and the location of dealers they deliver the cars to. So three days might not be typical; taking these factors into account, it could take longer.

PDI won’t take long when the car’s been delivered to the dealer though, although with September traditionally being a busy month, the volume of cars to be PDI’d might impact timescales on when specific customer cars are ready. Additionally, any changes in the procedure for handing over cars during the current pandemic might mean fewer cars per day are handed over - particularly if additional cleaning / sanitising at the dealership between hand-overs in necessary.
jackwhittle760
New

Post by jackwhittle760 »

MrTomOates wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:58 am

I’ve been waiting since January and I’ve been super inpatient these past 2 months, but I’m holding out till 1st September for the 70 plate. Both for future values and because let’s be honest who doesn’t want the latest reg 🤣

Only just over a week to go boys 😁😁😁
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

jackwhittle760 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:03 am
MrTomOates wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:58 am

I’ve been waiting since January and I’ve been super inpatient these past 2 months, but I’m holding out till 1st September for the 70 plate. Both for future values and because let’s be honest who doesn’t want the latest reg 🤣

Only just over a week to go boys 😁😁😁
@Shockingice really pleased for you. Real quick turnaround in a few days.
I got my 5b Thursday 20th. Car came in the Sunday before on the Glovis.
Dealer confirmed this morning mines still waiting at Emden.......
StuartFacer
New

Post by StuartFacer »

@ brainbow
I got my 5b on Thursday having arrived there on the Sunday. So I would imagine we be getting the boat to the uk at the same time. Fingers crossed it isn’t too long, the ships that have been doing the trips are due back at Emden tomorrow morning