GTI+ Sport Mode (Sound Vibration)

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

GTI+ Sport Mode (Sound Vibration)

Post by LegoDeano »

Hi all,

I took delivery of my GTI+ last week (Finally! Been waiting since January :D ).

Having had it for a few days and getting some time to have a little play I thought I'd give it a little run on the sport mode. I know the sound is all fake, but when it gets going at higher revs it gives an awful vibration/rattle noise - is this normal?

I'm waiting for VW to contact me this week as sadly it was delivered with a nice scratch in the dash, along with some other lovely rattles that they'll be sorting out but think I'll mention this too if it's not the norm.

Cheers,

Deano
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: GTI+ Sport Mode (Sound Vibration)

Post by Andy Beats »

Wonder why the long wait?
I bought a GTI last week, they had 6 to choose from in stock.
Mix of GTI+ and GTI, I was a little late and was there were only two black GTIs left.
monty831
New
Drives: 2019 GTI Plus

Post by monty831 »

Hi Deano

Congrats on the car. That is a known issue with the vibration in sport mode. I think the dealer can adjust the sound actuator

The demo model I drove had that issue

I had rattles galore which the dealer can't see to fix - One is on the drivers side speaker even at low speeds in normal mode. It's like a tinny noise

Let us know if you can get the rattles fixed?

The drivers side sill on mine had a massive scuff at handover. Makes me wonder what the PDI covers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

monty831 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:19 pm Hi Deano

Congrats on the car. That is a known issue with the vibration in sport mode. I think the dealer can adjust the sound actuator

I had rattles galore which the dealer can't see to fix - One is on the drivers side speaker even at low speeds in normal mode. It's like a tinny noise

The drivers side sill on mine had a massive scuff at handover. Makes me wonder what the PDI covers

The dealership should be diligent at PDI - VW UK absolve themselves of all responsibility for remedial costs on any physical defect that the dealership miss at PDI. In yiur situation, the dealership will have had to rectify at their own cost.

On a 2003 Polo I bought new, PDI missed burst stitching on a rear seat that'd never been sat in, and there was a pressing defect on a front wing around the wheel arch. They've been historically crap at Benfield/Lookers Newcastle.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Hi Deano

Have the dealership disable to fake speaker in the dash, problem solved.
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

Andy Beats wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:17 pm Wonder why the long wait?
I bought a GTI last week, they had 6 to choose from in stock.
Mix of GTI+ and GTI, I was a little late and was there were only two black GTIs left.
Factory ordered towards the end of January and was due to take delivery beginning of May, but due to Covid/shutdowns etc it only arrived into my local dealership 1st/2nd week of August. I'd waited so long already, I figured I'd wait until 1st September and get it on a '70 plate! They checked what was in stock when I ordered but nothing matched close enough.

monty831 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:19 pm Hi Deano

Thanks! Appreciate the reply. I'll ask them to take a look when they contact me about the dash.

Strangely enough, I just went out with a colleague to see if he could pick up on the sound actuator vibration and the door rattles and not a sound from any of it :shock:

Poor about the scuff - did they replace it? I didn't spot the dash scratch at first. You can hardly see it when in the drivers seat, but as soon as my other half had a drive and I got in the passenger seat it's right in your face. I'll let you know how I get on.

All in all though, chuffed with the car!