heated seat polo 6r retrofit problem

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Luigid
New
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6 tdi

heated seat polo 6r retrofit problem

Post by Luigid »

hi guys, I tried at installing heated seats, but obviously like all things they never work the first time!
I bought the kit on aliexpress, I installed everything by following both the guides on the forums and seeing the diagram on elsawin.
Result, the passenger seat works, the driver's seat nothing.
The resistors were initially in parallel and not in series (probably an adapted kit), I set the resistors in series.
Same result, passenger ok, driver nothing.
the strange thing is that the unit sold with the kit has the following code: 34D 959 772 HW01 SW01
looking like a unit for the chinese market or something like that, I immediately thought "ok let's buy a new unit, this is probably faulty".
new unit: 6R0959772D HW02 SW0003
I connect the unit and ... nothing does not work neither of the two seats!, the buttons turn on (with the engine running of course) for a few seconds and then turn off, with the tester the output voltage is 0v ....
I double checked the whole wiring with elsawin, there is no problem, I also tried to change the number in the bcm (from 21 to 86 it seems to me reading on the workout of @ciclo) but nothing.
new ideas? obviously the mqs in bcm is in the right position.
Thanks!
Robbo770
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.4 tdi 2014

Re: heated seat polo 6r retrofit problem

Post by Robbo770 »

Re-check all drivers wiring and the connections at the control module, you can swap the left and right wires to see if both sides of the unit work with the left seat switch, someone had a faulty switch recently, popped in new seat switch and then it worked.

If the right seat is correctly switched on with the left switch then seat is okay, it’s just the wiring to it that has a fault, reverse and test left seat with right switch to prove that side of the control module circuit.

It’s a bit of a fiddle but you have 1 side working to prove what’s faulty easily
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Don't touch anything in the BCM adaptations, what you read was some tests we did ...
You must do the tests that Robbo770 tells you.👍

---
It is convenient to show the parts you bought, ...link to the sale.
Luigid
New

Post by Luigid »

hello guys, thanks for your advice, inverting the driver's chair with the passenger works, the keys I think work because when you press the led turns on (even for a single moment), I believe that my units are too recent and not compatible with the my bcm, (bcm dated 2010, seat unit 2014 and 2016), I was thinking about buying the unit 6R0959772A which is from 2010-2011. Useless or should the 2016 6R0959772D also work? thank you.
my buy link: https://it.aliexpress.com/item/33035100 ... 4c4dewIfsv
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Thanks for the link.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&start=4470#p539634
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&start=4470#p539679

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&start=4455#p539146

6R0959772A ... 6R

6R0959772D ... 6C

The 6C electronics are not compatible with the 6R electronics in most parts, and it is highly likely that this is the problem you are experiencing.

Buy and install the model A.
Luigid
New

Post by Luigid »

ciclo wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:37 pm Thanks for the link.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&start=4470#p539634
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&start=4470#p539679

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&start=4455#p539146

6R0959772A ... 6R

6R0959772D ... 6C

The 6C electronics are not compatible with the 6R electronics in most parts, and it is highly likely that this is the problem you are experiencing.

Buy and install the model A.
I suspected this, I buy unit A and update you!
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

👍
Luigid
New

Post by Luigid »

ciclo wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:35 am👍
bought unit "A", Sw0001 Hw0002, I connect it and ... Nothing! with the oscilloscope I connect the probe to the Vout of the seats, as I press the key the voltage is supplied for a very short time and then it is cut. I am thinking that these resistances are too low for this unit, I have 7-8ohm per seat (4 + 4), to you who work how many ohms are your resistances? :cry:
Robbo770
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.4 tdi 2014

Post by Robbo770 »

Did you try it with seat pads in parallel as well?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I do not know what is the resistance value from the heating elements that I installed -which belong to the Skoda Fabia- they worked perfectly from the first moment.
The heating elements from the Aliexpress link you posted seem totally correct.

Maybe my question may seem obvious, but have you coded the BCM for heated seats?
Byte15 Bit4 ... enabled!

Somewhere in my storage room, I have a control unit - this one - with a better SW (HW 04 SW 0003) than the one you have bought, which you can use for testing. It works perfectly (tested). ... the one that I have installed on my 6R is this other one with the same SW.
I bought it cheap on eBay, but the seller sent it to me with one of the retaining tabs broken.
I don't know what a symbolic price I could charge you for this unit (apart from shipping costs). Whatever you want to pay for it.
It is not my intention to sell anything, just to help. :wink:
Luigid
New

Post by Luigid »

Robbo770 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:18 pm Did you try it with seat pads in parallel as well?
the resistors were initially in parallel, since it did not work, I put them in series but nothing.
ciclo wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:43 am I do not know what is the resistance value from the heating elements that I installed -which belong to the Skoda Fabia- they worked perfectly from the first moment.
The heating elements from the Aliexpress link you posted seem totally correct.

Maybe my question may seem obvious, but have you coded the BCM for heated seats?
Byte15 Bit4 ... enabled!

Somewhere in my storage room, I have a control unit - this one - with a better SW (HW 04 SW 0003) than the one you have bought, which you can use for testing. It works perfectly (tested). ... the one that I have installed on my 6R is this other one with the same SW.
I bought it cheap on eBay, but the seller sent it to me with one of the retaining tabs broken.
I don't know what a symbolic price I could charge you for this unit (apart from shipping costs). Whatever you want to pay for it.
It is not my intention to sell anything, just to help. :wink:
thanks ciclo if it does not work I make a thought (even if I am with 3 control units ... :cry: )
it seems to me that I do not have that bit in the bcm! (my bcm)
i use a vcds 17.8.0:
:?: :?:
should already active "110-1 bit4-0000" quite right?
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

You can use the keyboard to change 11010000 so you can code whatever bit you like.
In your case, byte 4 is already enabled, look: 11010000 (remember, first bit is 7 on the left, the most right bit is 0).
The BCM is OK. You do have the pin on your BCM so that's also fine.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

The heating elements work correctly according to your tests with the change of wires in the control unit connector with the side that works, so we discard this part.

Check again with the multimeter the continuity of the wires (feed and ground) from the driver's seat connector (connection point) to the control unit connector.
From T2eg https://servimg.com/view/18943939/233
Luigid
New

Post by Luigid »

ciclo wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:32 am The heating elements work correctly according to your tests with the change of wires in the control unit connector with the side that works, so we discard this part.

Check again with the multimeter the continuity of the wires (feed and ground) from the driver's seat connector (connection point) to the control unit connector.
From T2eg https://servimg.com/view/18943939/233
hello ciclo,the problem is that: the driver side works only with the 34d control unit with the 772d and the 772a the passenger side does not work either ... with the 34d I have 14v and 4.5 amps at the output if set to maximum, if I turn off the seat and turn it back on then the passenger no longer goes! :?
if someone has 5 minutes could set the tester in ohmmeter and see the resistance between pin 16 of the seat control unit and ground?(heated seat resistence) thanks guys as always
I have already checked the entire pin to pin wiring with elsawin, the cables are ok, I also believe the keys since if I press them the LEDs light up, (ditto if I press them and for a second the control unit supplies voltage then the command arrives at control unit - key)
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Luigid, you don't need to re-explain what you've already explained previously. (at least for me)
From the beginning of this thread I verified everything related to the control units of your heated seats through the ETKA.
The 34D unit is for the 6R PQ25 for the Chinese market from 04/14/2014 (MM / DD / YY) to 2019, the 6R PQ25 for the Chinese market prior to the date indicated used the 6R0 ... A control unit .

The 6R0 ... D unit is for the 6C PQ26 which is a different platform from the 6R PQ25 platform. Forget this unit, it is as if it does not exist.

The last unit you bought 6R0 ... A, has software and 'Hardware' that may not be correct for the rest of the parts that you are installing or have installed (BCM).
In the PQ25 there is a great lack of information in this regard. 'The connection LIN' does not provide the reading from the control unit for heated seats, it is a simple wire that, depending on the vehicle conditions, tells the HSeats control unit if it should be active or not.

Knowing the resistance value of the heating elements will change absolutely nothing. It is an absolute value that must not / cannot be modified under any circumstances.
However, knowing if the circuit is cut at some point is essential. If you say that the entire electrical circuit is correct, then perfect.👌

From the beginning I have thought that it is an electronic failure and not an electrical one. That's why I told you to post the purchase link.
... by the way, that the unit D that you have and any control unit A have the same numbering of HW and SW does not mean that it is the same SW.

It may be that the BCM or the control unit for heated seats do not have the appropriate SW.

---
Not related to you:
Everything I just said is based on the information you have provided. If later a miracle appears that contradicts what I have just said, it is because there is a new piece of information that I do not know at this time. This has already happened several times in the forum because someone tried to hide their own mistakes. :lol: