What did you and your Polo do today?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
proalves
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI AW1 2019

Re: What did you and your Polo do today?

Post by proalves »

J+silva wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:13 pm
proalves wrote:
J+silva wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:56 pm

Finally the piece arrived, as it did not have the plug to connect to the led I soldered the wires to the led, to connect to the hinge it will be necessary to buy the plug, I had one that is very similar and served.
It be connected to the car or to a 9v battery, as the light turns on a few times and its a led battery lasts a long time.I connected to a battery.
Nice upgrade, i will do as you did. 8)
If you need more information tell me.

Enviado do meu SM-A405FN através do Tapatalk
Yesterday the remaining parts finally arrived, today was the day to put them in the car.
Small upgrade but I'm satisfied with the final result.
The idea was to create something like this...
2.JPG
But I want to thank the user J+silva for his magnificent idea of connecting to a battery, because I didn't really feel comfortable working on the car's wiring. :(
In addition to the part already mentioned 5G1858309 and a Luggage Lamp 8J0 947 409 and the wiring that I had from my previous VW Golf, I also used...

1 plug 1C0 973 119 B
2 connectors N 907 649.02
And wire to make the rest of the cabling, and lots of fabric tape. :lol:
1500x1500_340e6bb9d484c1fc736129b077b76ff4d6d60549.jpeg
This was the result... :D
20200821_183330 copiar.jpg
20200821_142752 copiar.jpg
It wasn't difficult, I just wasted some time passing the wires because I didn’t disassemble anything.
I hope with this I can help future interested in doing this simple upgrade.
Mikemk4gti
New
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI+

Post by Mikemk4gti »

I've fitted a resonator delete pipe to my 2018 non opf gti+, happy with the results and it now sounds a bit more like a gti. I was worried it would be too loud but its turned out great, seems to have more pops when coming off the accelerator :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154053094988
J+silva
Bronze Member
Drives: polo conf.

Post by J+silva »

Hi you can buy it with the plug i found it in aliexpress. A small improvement that makes all the difference.
Attachments
123.png
Nodster
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by Nodster »

Had a bit of a Racingline day going on. Some of these weren't all done today, but close enough. :)

Remus GPF back exhaust also ordered, but not due till October. Sad times. :(
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Post by PhilArnold »

PXL_20200909_163750783.jpg
Fitted some paddle extensions too, really suit the car well I think
TheRacingRat
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

Post by TheRacingRat »

Nodster, was the turbo muffler delete pipe hard to fit and does it make any difference noise wise?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Not today, but over the weekend - gave my GTI Plus it’s first good clean, decontamination and a couple of coats of wax (a synthetic wax, so I suppose really, it’s a sealant 🙂). I used Fusso Light Coat 12 Month’s Wax. There’s a dark and light version of this product and used the dark version on my previous car and was very impressed with the durability and it seems to be highly hydrophobic. Water was still beading up pretty well on my last car nearly a year after applying it.

Things I noticed when cleaning this car compared to my previous generation GTI;
  • It is noticeably larger than the previous generation Polo.
  • the 18” Brescia alloys have an annoying ridge that runs around the circumference of the wheel behind the spokes which collects water. I was able to blast it out with my Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster warm air dryer though! 😀
  • The honeycomb lower section on the rear bumper looks as if it’ll be a dirt trap in the winter and will need cleaning with a small detailing brush to effectively remove the dirt.
  • There doesn’t seem to be as many annoying water traps that continue to drip after you think you’ve finished drying the car.
  • When washing the car, the door mirrors have an annoying habit of unfolding and the folding if you have the key fob with you. Even hosing the car down, they kept doing this when a water jet made contact with the door handle. I solved it by taking the key fob indoors out of range of the car.
Here are the results;
26F38619-1155-45B4-B677-C341B00EF2A0.jpeg
7CB540EE-8DD5-4324-9B97-0043F1B5A720.jpeg
3B9F95A4-AAEA-42F3-9FA9-C7504D706A3D.jpeg
BFDA478C-329B-429A-AB1C-8A3ED55B3E72.jpeg
Oh, and here was the final stage of the cleaning process - for me, not for the car!
D0F166C2-5F97-4F26-85D2-C66C753B6D9F.jpeg
Last edited by SRGTD on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Looks brilliant mate! 8)
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

S_94 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:49 am Looks brilliant mate! 8)
The beer or the car? 😀.

Thanks, I’m pleased with it. Still getting used to the DSG. Some say that DSG ‘learns’ your driving style after a while - I’m not sure it does, or if it’s just that I may have adjusted my driving style a little, but it doesn’t seem to be in as much of a rush to get into 6th gear at low speeds as it did last week when I picked it up.

Looking forward to many miles of driving 🙂.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:29 pm
The beer or the car? 😀.

Thanks, I’m pleased with it. Still getting used to the DSG. Some say that DSG ‘learns’ your driving style after a while - I’m not sure it does, or if it’s just that I may have adjusted my driving style a little, but it doesn’t seem to be in as much of a rush to get into 6th gear at low speeds as it did last week when I picked it up.

Both. :lol:

That's good to hear mate. That's my only complaint with DSG, driving around 30-40mph and the car is in 5th/6th gear!

Are you planning any modifications?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

S_94 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:44 pm
SRGTD wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:29 pm
The beer or the car? 😀.

Both. :lol:

That's good to hear mate. That's my only complaint with DSG, driving around 30-40mph and the car is in 5th/6th gear!

Are you planning any modifications?
Just wheels. I’m on a number of different VAG forums and I’ve expressed my dislike of diamond cut alloys from a practicality and durability point of view on those forums many, many times 🙂. I’m not a big fan of the white worm corrosion look for my wheels.

I bookmarked these either early this year or late last year - before I even decided to get the car. These are probably what I’ll go for (RC Design RC32’s)
25E96BD2-241B-4209-9CFC-A203BCDBD514.jpeg
They’re available in exactly the same size / spec as Brescia’s (7.5Jx18”, offset ET51, bolt pattern 5x100, centre bore 57.1), and they use existing VW wheel bolts, so they’re a straight swap. I think grey alloys and white car is a good combination. I don’t know if VW centre caps will fit, but if they don’t, that’s not a big issue IMO. They’re also available in grey with diamond cut face (a big no-no for me), and satin black. Forum member @stuartrendall has the 17” satin black version of these on his Reef Blue GTI.

It’ll probably be 2-3 months before I get them, and I’ll also use that as an opportunity to fit new tyres at the same time.
stuartrendall
Bronze Member
Drives: 2020 POLO GTI+

Post by stuartrendall »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:08 pm Just wheels. I’m on a number of different VAG forums and I’ve expressed my dislike of diamond cut alloys from a practicality and durability point of view on those forums many, many times 🙂. I’m not a big fan of the white worm corrosion look for my wheels.

I bookmarked these either early this year or late last year - before I even decided to get the car. These are probably what I’ll go for (RC Design RC32’s)

They’re available in exactly the same size / spec as Brescia’s (7.5Jx18”, offset ET51, bolt pattern 5x100, centre bore 57.1), and they use existing VW wheel bolts, so they’re a straight swap. I think grey alloys and white car is a good combination. I don’t know if VW centre caps will fit, but if they don’t, that’s not a big issue IMO. They’re also available in grey with diamond cut face (a big no-no for me), and satin black. Forum member @stuartrendall has the 17” satin black version of these on his Reef Blue GTI.

It’ll probably be 2-3 months before I get them, and I’ll also use that as an opportunity to fit new tyres at the same time.
Those are exactly the wheels I have in a matt black except mine are 17's not 18's. Had them for 3 months+ and they still look incredible.
Attachments
2020-07-11_16.46.55.jpg
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:22 am
  • When washing the car, the door mirrors have an annoying habit of unfolding and the folding if you have the key fob with you. Even hosing the car down, they kept doing this when a water jet made contact with the door handle. I solved it by taking the key fob indoors out of range of the car.
Glad it wasn't just me haha. Every time it folded in and out a nice little dribble of water I couldn't get rid of would appear :x
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

stuartrendall wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:10 pm
SRGTD wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:08 pm Just wheels. I’m on a number of different VAG forums and I’ve expressed my dislike of diamond cut alloys from a practicality and durability point of view on those forums many, many times 🙂. I’m not a big fan of the white worm corrosion look for my wheels.

Those are exactly the wheels I have in a matt black except mine are 17's not 18's. Had them for 3 months+ and they still look incredible.
Stuart, yes I agree, they do look good.

There was another forum member on here (sorry, can’t remember their forum name) who got the diamond cut version fitted to their white GTI - maybe a couple of years ago. I think this is their car in the photo gallery over on brock.de website;

https://www.brock.de/felgen/vw-polo-gti/

It was then that I decided if I ever got a current model GTI+, it would be those wheels I’d get in grey, but not the diamond cut version.

I see that you have the RC Design centre caps on yours. Do you know whether or not VW centre caps will fit?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

LegoDeano wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:21 pm
SRGTD wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:22 am
Glad it wasn't just me haha. Every time it folded in and out a nice little dribble of water I couldn't get rid of would appear :x
No, not just you. One of the consequences of having keyless entry. I’ve read on some of the mk7 / mk7.5 Golf forums that owners of the Golf also have this happen.