"Automatic Hazard Lights Activation during Emergency Braking" - Enable this function using VCDS

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
ho8882000
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 (AW)

"Automatic Hazard Lights Activation during Emergency Braking" - Enable this function using VCDS

Post by ho8882000 »

Enable the "Automatic Hazard Lights Activation during Emergency Braking" function using VCDS, the method is shown below:
Polo.JPG
Polo.JPG (246.01 KiB) Viewed 1855 times
mjsaville
Getting There!
Drives: Limestone Grey GTI+ (Finallly arrived)

Re: "Automatic Hazard Lights Activation during Emergency Braking" - Enable this function using VCDS

Post by mjsaville »

Thanks for this, I will give it a go when I get some spare time. Can't believe no one else has responded or thanked you for putting this post.

MJ
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: "Automatic Hazard Lights Activation during Emergency Braking" - Enable this function using VCDS

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

I'm almost 100% sure here in the UK this is a standard feature and has to be coded to a new vehicle as standard so UK Polos should have this anyway.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Stuart_Rendall wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:41 pm I'm almost 100% sure here in the UK this is a standard feature and has to be coded to a new vehicle as standard so UK Polos should have this anyway.
You’re correct Stuart, it does seem to be a standard feature on UK Polos; page 62 of the owner’s manual or if accessing the online version of the manual on www.Volkswagen.co.uk it’s under Safety -> In an emergency -> Making you and your vehicle safe;

Depending on the vehicle equipment, the brake lights flash rapidly if you brake sharply or initiate full braking at a speed of more than 80 km/h (50 mph). This provides an especially conspicuous warning for the following traffic. If you then continue to brake, the hazard warning lights will be switched on automatically at speeds under approximately 10 km/h (6 mph). Once the vehicle starts to accelerate, the hazard warning lights will switch off again.
ho8882000
Bronze Member

Post by ho8882000 »

mjsaville wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:36 pm Thanks for this, I will give it a go when I get some spare time. Can't believe no one else has responded or thanked you for putting this post.

MJ
Thank you for appreciating my effort :D

I spend time to work out these stuffs, and I am sharing these information free of charge.
But after 184 views, you are the 1st person to say thank you.

In the future I think it is better to just keep the information for myself. :(
UK.JPG
UK.JPG (24.74 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
Since you also work on VCDS, so maybe you will also be interested in the following post, FYI:
https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php? ... 23#p575623
ho8882000
Bronze Member

Post by ho8882000 »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:52 pm
Stuart_Rendall wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:41 pm I'm almost 100% sure here in the UK this is a standard feature and has to be coded to a new vehicle as standard so UK Polos should have this anyway.
You’re correct Stuart, it does seem to be a standard feature on UK Polos; page 62 of the owner’s manual or if accessing the online version of the manual on www.Volkswagen.co.uk it’s under Safety -> In an emergency -> Making you and your vehicle safe;

Depending on the vehicle equipment, the brake lights flash rapidly if you brake sharply or initiate full braking at a speed of more than 80 km/h (50 mph). This provides an especially conspicuous warning for the following traffic. If you then continue to brake, the hazard warning lights will be switched on automatically at speeds under approximately 10 km/h (6 mph). Once the vehicle starts to accelerate, the hazard warning lights will switch off again.
"Depending on the vehicle equipment"
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@h8882000; I don’t think it’s lack of appreciation by other forum members. I think the majority of members on this forum board are UK based, so although your hazard lights activation is of interest, depending on the vehicle equipment it’s something many of those forum members may not need, hence the lack of responses on this occasion.

Please continue to share your knowledge - it’s this knowledge sharing by the forum members that makes the forum a really valuable resource for Polo owners.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

I'm sure my GTI here in ZAR has this feature already to be honest.