Auto door lock - disable?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Auto door lock - disable?

Post by Simonz »

Hi

I recently swapped my 2018 SE for a new Match 70 plate. Some improvements on the old model and drives nicer, however I noticed that when driving the auto door lock activates at 10mph and then when you turn off the ignition it unlocks the doors. On the old model I could de-activate this on a menu in the display but I can't find anything on this new one. I wondered if they have updated the software - has anyone else noticed this on 70 plate Polos? It's annoying I preferred it turned off instead of that clunk noise every time you set off.

Thanks.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Auto door lock - disable?

Post by SRGTD »

I’ve not checked the car settings in my car to see if it can be deactivated. In other VW’s I’ve had with this feature, you’ve always needed to activate it (default position was auto lock ‘off’). On the basis it has also auto locked on my current car from day one without me needing to set it, I assumed either a) auto lock was now the default or b) it was no longer possible to change it in the car settings menus, unless it could be coded out with something like VCDS or OBD11.

Personally, I prefer it auto locking for safety reasons and can’t say I really notice the locking sound, although now you’ve mentioned it, I’ll probably notice it every time! 😀.
ho8882000
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 (AW)

Post by ho8882000 »

Simonz wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:13 am Hi

I recently swapped my 2018 SE for a new Match 70 plate. Some improvements on the old model and drives nicer, however I noticed that when driving the auto door lock activates at 10mph and then when you turn off the ignition it unlocks the doors. On the old model I could de-activate this on a menu in the display but I can't find anything on this new one. I wondered if they have updated the software - has anyone else noticed this on 70 plate Polos? It's annoying I preferred it turned off instead of that clunk noise every time you set off.

Thanks.
Hello Simonz,

You can disable the "Auto Door Lock at Speed" using VCDS:

1. Select "09 - Central Elect" control module
2. Select "Security Access - 16" from the "Open Controller" screen
3. Enter the magic number 31347 and return to the "Open Controller" screen
4. Select "Adaptation - 10" from the "Open Controller" screen
5. Go to this Channel: "ENG141654-ENG149210-ZV Autolock-Automatisches_Verriegeln_bei_Geschwindigkeit"
6. Change setting to "not active".

This works on my MY20 Polo 1.6 Conceptline.
ho8882000
Bronze Member

Post by ho8882000 »

Simonz wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:13 am Hi

Thanks.
On the other hand, if you want to disable "Auto Door Unlock when Remove Key", follow the instruction below using VCDS:
11.png
11.png (98.34 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Post by Simonz »

Thanks for the replies, it seems it is default on newer models. My options seem to be live with the auto locking or invest in the coding kit and alter the setting - https://www.ilexa.co.uk/shop/VCDS-HEX-V2-Ent3VIN
ho8882000
Bronze Member

Post by ho8882000 »

Simonz wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:00 pm Thanks for the replies, it seems it is default on newer models. My options seem to be live with the auto locking or invest in the coding kit and alter the setting - https://www.ilexa.co.uk/shop/VCDS-HEX-V2-Ent3VIN
My Polo build in August 2019 at South Africa.

It comes with both "Door Auto Lock at Speed" & "Door Auto Unlock when Remove Key", I think this is standard on all Polo AW.

Due to my Polo being a Conceptline, the only thing that my Polo is a bit different from the other Polo AW, is it come standard with "Auto Start-Stop" disabled. :D
Alan_p71
New
Drives: 2019 Gti+

Post by Alan_p71 »

Hi all, our polo gti+ locks the doors at about 10mph and stays locked till you either use the handle to open door or press the lock/unlock button on door. Our previous Golf allowed auto lock to be disabled via the menus but there is no option for this on the polo, at least not on our one. The manual does mention that when you put the gear box in p the doors unlock, I think that works on other VW models but does not work on the polo either.
Don’t have any VCDS gubbins, so will just have to leave car as is which suits me fine 😀
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Alan_p71 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:36 pm Hi all, our polo gti+ locks the doors at about 10mph and stays locked till you either use the handle to open door or press the lock/unlock button on door. Our previous Golf allowed auto lock to be disabled via the menus but there is no option for this on the polo, at least not on our one. The manual does mention that when you put the gear box in p the doors unlock, I think that works on other VW models but does not work on the polo either.
Don’t have any VCDS gubbins, so will just have to leave car as is which suits me fine 😀
Mine works the same. I checked the car settings menus earlier today and as you’ve said, there isn’t an option to disable the auto lock function.

The way it’s been set up to work suits me fine too. I don’t know how desirable the Polo GTI+ is to would-be car jackers but if it is, then the auto locking function helps minimise the risk of it happening.