Leaking rear window?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Cro_vw
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 2018 115bhp Highline

Leaking rear window?

Post by Cro_vw »

I've notice last winter few drops sliding on rear window, and I tought its from outside. Tried to clean it, and it was from inside. During summer I didn't notice any stains on window, but now I notice it again. Now I've seen that some guys mention that if you use pressure washer when washing a car, that can couse some leaks. I didn't test it, I called a dealer and got my appointment next week. But I would like to know if anyone had similar problem, and how did you solve it?
The problem is that its barely visible during the day, but at night when someone is behind me I can see stains on the mirror. I think when they start working on the car, they will say they didn't see anything. Thats what I'm worried about.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Leaking rear window?

Post by Andy Beats »

Obvious question, but does it only happen when it's raining?
If it happens even when it's not raining, then maybe it's condensation?
These are the worst cars I've ever encountered for condensation, and the cold/damp weather now shows it up badly.
For example, I can have to wait quite a few minutes in the morning for my windscreen to demist.
This is with aircon on, blower set to full and airflow set to windscreen.
Only my 2 x AW Polos have done this, never had it with any other car.
The problem is I sometimes forget, I drive off thinking it will clear in a few seconds (like any other car would) and I then have to pull over as I can't see.... :cry:
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Post by Simonz »

Andy Beats wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:23 pm Obvious question, but does it only happen when it's raining?
If it happens even when it's not raining, then maybe it's condensation?
These are the worst cars I've ever encountered for condensation, and the cold/damp weather now shows it up badly.
For example, I can have to wait quite a few minutes in the morning for my windscreen to demist.
This is with aircon on, blower set to full and airflow set to windscreen.
Only my 2 x AW Polos have done this, never had it with any other car.
The problem is I sometimes forget, I drive off thinking it will clear in a few seconds (like any other car would) and I then have to pull over as I can't see.... :cry:
Agree with you it's a real problem in winter, maybe due to the engine being efficient and not 'wasting' any heat so the cooling system remains cold. Why VW don't fit heated windscreens is a mystery. Maybe it is condensation tracks on the rear window glass.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Simonz wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:03 pm Agree with you it's a real problem in winter, maybe due to the engine being efficient and not 'wasting' any heat so the cooling system remains cold. Why VW don't fit heated windscreens is a mystery. Maybe it is condensation tracks on the rear window glass.
Doesn't really explain why other cars, with equally efficient engines, demist in seconds.
It's very frustrating sitting in the carpark waiting for your windscreen to demist, watching all your colleagues drive off.... :oops:
Wife's Evoque has a heated windscreen, but it's only needed for defrosting, demisting is dealt with via the fan and aircon.
Cro_vw
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 2018 115bhp Highline

Post by Cro_vw »

It is leaking water, since day 1. We tested it today, and under pressure it is leaking a lot, i was stunned to see how much water is getting inside. It seems its on top of the rear window, or from the catadiopter. However I made appointment and now I just hope they fix it properly, if not I'll be mad. Brand new car, leaking since day 1. I know there was something leaking, it wasn't looking that bad, but now I regret I didn't bring the car back after first carwash...