GTi- only leave vehicle in position P

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Aube
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo SEDSG

Re: GTi- only leave vehicle in position P

Post by Aube »

Hi,

The saga continues!

I had a call from VW customer service and the dealer who have been talking to one another to find a practical solution. It appears the micro switch failure applies to the previous model of the Polo, not the MK 10! The fault they suggest lies with the software identifying that the owner is doing something it doesn’t like and throwing up a fault. A little sceptical as the car has never done this in over two years, yet for reasons unknown, the car has decided to play silly games.

Would be great to know if other owners of the MK10 have had this error message after months, or years of never having this appear.

Thanks
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

I have had the message, but only when sat in the car after an extended period after the engine has been switched off.
Aube
Bronze Member

Re: GTi- only leave vehicle in position

Post by Aube »

Hi,

Car is going in next week, as according to the dealer there is an updated TPI for this error, so I’ll let the forum know the outcome. Will depend on the cars system logging the error and that’s been the issue as so far as on our car it hasn’t stored the error, even though we have taken photos of the error message on the dash when it happens.

The service manager is doing all he can to resolve the issue, so hopefully with him on the case, the issue can be fixed once and for all.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: GTi- only leave vehicle in position

Post by RUM4MO »

Aube wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:11 am Hi,

Car is going in next week, as according to the dealer there is an updated TPI for this error, so I’ll let the forum know the outcome. Will depend on the cars system logging the error and that’s been the issue as so far as on our car it hasn’t stored the error, even though we have taken photos of the error message on the dash when it happens.

The service manager is doing all he can to resolve the issue, so hopefully with him on the case, the issue can be fixed once and for all.
The trouble is nowadays, with many "low priority" fault codes, they get cleared if they do not appear again frequently, I got wise to that change with my wife's August 2015 Polo 1.2TSI, scanned that car ASAP if I felt that a situation had occurred that would/could have generated a low priority fault code, then scanned again a week or so late to check if that fault had been cleared from memory and it had been.
Aube
Bronze Member

Post by Aube »

Hi,

The car went in today, and fortunately there was a fault code on the system. So guess what the fix was? Replace gear selector mechanism!

So clearly this fault not only affects earlier DSG cars, but is also an issue on later cars.

Having said that, the dealer has been very good.
mesitisg
New
Drives: 6r 1.2 tsi 105hp

Post by mesitisg »

Hey all,

I have had this warning on my Polo AW1 1.0 tsi 115hp DSG manufacture year 2018.

I have got the car for 25 months and it has 39000km on the clock without any other problems.

I visited the local official workshop in Cyprus where I live but no fault code was found in car system. They informed me that the issue was communicated to VW Germany for further instructions.

This morning of the following day (today) I received a call from the workshop that they have been instructed by VW Germany that the GEAR SHIFT ASSEMBLY needs to be replaced.

The car is still within warranty and the repair will be completed free of any charge.

I am just sharing my experience for anyone who may face the same issue.

Drive safe.
DenzGTI
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Post by DenzGTI »

Hey guys just an update - my car went for its second service in March - they did a software upgrade on the car and the error has not occurred again.
Flashredpolo
New
Drives: 2018 AW GTI

Post by Flashredpolo »

I had this error occurring on and off which was annoying, it then happened almost every day for a week. I called the dealer and got it booked in for investigation. Fortunately they managed to diagnose it as the gear selector. The repair was covered under my extended warranty luckily as the dealer said it's a £900 job. I gave them evidence of the error occurring on video and told them about the error going away once going in to second or third gear which seemed to be enough. Got the car back this morning, I will update if the error returns :D
Shammie94
New
Drives: Red 66 reg Tsi Line Polo

Post by Shammie94 »

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has error issue with the Automatic DSG polo ??
I've first experience the error last year when we had the really bad heatwave it pop up twice then disappeared to never been seen again which I thought it was just her glitching due to the heat but it came back on in November when helping my neighbours jump start her car then disappeared again so booked her in to volkswagen they had her for 2 days to do a software update for it to come back on in January again disappeared then came back on 4 times 2 weeks ago after leaving Birmingham but luckly this time my dad witness this time and told me to stop for a min he put back into park then into drive again she ping back up the error so she rebooked back in today they going do another software update even though I've told them it something to do with the gear selector after reading on these forums.
Just wondering if anyone has this resolved in the automatic dsg polo?? I've have a 66 (2016/2017) reg polo