Performance Monitor (aka Sports HMI) Boost and Horsepower gauge problem

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
electroasd
New
Drives: Polo 1.4 TDI

Performance Monitor (aka Sports HMI) Boost and Horsepower gauge problem

Post by electroasd »

Hello to the forum!

I am a new user but I am reading the forum more than a Year and I didn't find any answer to my problem so I am opening a topic.

Does anyone with a Polo has the Performance Monitor menu? If yes can I kindly ask if the boost gauge is working ok and if he has a Horsepower gauge?

Recently I have installed in my car (Polo 1.4 tdi 2016) and it is working perfectly, except that it has not the horsepower guage and the boost gauge is always zero.

I searched very hard to find information but the only I thing I found was an image of a polo which shows the boost guage is zero (it seems it is not working like mine) and it has a Horsepower gauge.

In all other models, like golf, tiguan the guauges are working ok.

PS : The sport.png is from my car, gauge.jpg is the Internet
Attachments
Image from Internet
Image from Internet
gauge.jpg (113.82 KiB) Viewed 886 times
Mine Car
Mine Car
sport.png (1.85 MiB) Viewed 886 times
electroasd
New

Re: Performance Monitor (aka Sports HMI) Boost and Horsepower gauge problem

Post by electroasd »

So nobody has any information about Performance monitor in Polo? Maybe it is officailly unsupported in VW Polo?
electroasd
New

Re: Performance Monitor (aka Sports HMI) Boost and Horsepower gauge problem

Post by electroasd »

After long searching I am writing here why the boost gauge is not working in some Polo (or maybe other VAG cars)

The Problem is the Canbus Gateway(or better a combination with ECU).

If your Gateway version is older that 6C0937090 then the boost gauge it will not work in Performance Menu, because older version are not having the ability to ready that information from the ECU.

But to be more precise this goes to with ECU together, so ECU should give the information and to the gateway can read it.

In most times if you have 6C0937090 and above , probably the ECU will give you the correct information.

Hope the above will help people to solve the mystery why the boost gauge it is not working in their VAG car.

If there is any solution about the above problem and find it and I will share it here