3 door interior in 5 door?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
dominicdinosaur
New
Drives: 6R

3 door interior in 5 door?

Post by dominicdinosaur »

Hello,

I was wondering; can I fit the seats and door cards from a 5 door Polo into a 3 door? I'm almost certain the front seats will work but I'm not sure about the rears. Also, I'm pretty sure the door cards won't work, just wondering if anyone has any additional input?

Many thanks.
mirceaculita
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.2TDI 75hp

Re: 3 door interior in 5 door?

Post by mirceaculita »

aren't the front seats on the 3 door special made to recline forward so people can get in the backseat? If so, the 5 door model won't recline unless you manually spin the knob on the side and pull the seat forward manually.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

mirceaculita wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:52 pm aren't the front seats on the 3 door special made to recline forward so people can get in the backseat? If so, the 5 door model won't recline unless you manually spin the knob on the side and pull the seat forward manually.
Yes, front seats in the three door Polo have a tilt forward mechanism for easy entry to and exit from the rear seat by passengers.

@dominicdinosaur - I personally wouldn’t advise fitting front seats from a five door into a three door; there are probably safety / insurance implications from doing this as not having the tilt forward mechanism on the backrests of the front seats would make it difficult for rear seat passengers to exit the car quickly in an emergency situation. Not sure if there are any differences between the rear seat in three door and five door models.

You’re correct when you say the door cards wouldn’t work - the five door Polo has shorter front doors than the three door model.
dominicdinosaur
New
Drives: 6R

Post by dominicdinosaur »

Hello,

Many thanks to both of you for providing the info, however there is a slight misunderstanding about what I'm interested in. I'm curious about the seats from a 3 door being fitted into a 5 door. Does anyone else also have any input on the rear seats as well?

Many thanks
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

The rear seat base is also a different shape on a 5 door it’s tapered by the door opening to allow better access whereas the 3 door is much wider/ square in this area.
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

CarbonChaos wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:18 pm The rear seat base is also a different shape on a 5 door it’s tapered by the door opening to allow better access whereas the 3 door is much wider/ square in this area.
The part numbers for rear seats to fit 3 and 5 doors are the same - according to ETKA