I'm off guys

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Re: I'm off guys

Post by stevereeves »

lancslad1985 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:54 am
Was it because it was in stock and orders take forever at the moment? That’s how I ended up in a Tiguan when I went for a golf!
Was but one reason + ridiculous lead time for my preferred model; 1.0 SEL, I like 6sp 'boxes, with Park Assist; 8-12 months for a new build, no SELs with PP in stock, yet a new Golf Mk8 would to 8-12 weeks again for a new build, big difference. That plus there was very little in the price Polo v Golf literally talking about a few pounds, and I'm very much an 'anything for an easy life person' really couldn't be bothered with reported rattles, I'm quite used to the extra room in a Golf, not much more, and the Autohold electric handbrake itself. Dealer told me quite a few cars are lying almost complete at VW HQ awaiting various microchips, if the Golf didn't exist it would have an easy choice; suck it up and wait the 8-12 months for a Polo, no issues (no choice)....
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:03 pm
Andy Beats wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:18 pm
silverhairs wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:17 pm
Free Scottish chargers paid for by the English tax payers money and handed over as the Barnett Formula
Just thought I'd log back in to say you're out of date..... :D AGAIN
Hasn't been free public charging for well over a year.
You'll miss him really. :lol:

I'll miss him like a migraine :wink: He just cannot let go !!

I'm sure he stayed off during lockdown because he thought he'd catch Covid via a computer virus.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

@silverhairs, what is it about the Barnett Formula that confuses small minded bitter english people like you - it is applied to every region of the UK where there seems to be an issue due to population density or some other geographical region issue that causes inequality to the way the government's monies are used?

You have left this forum in a huff caused by your own stupidity once already, best be off again.

Some people we know from Northumberland are also annoyed by the fact that there are now fewer free charging points near them, but as EVs increase then the proper charging stations are appearing, so no need to encourage people with free charging.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Guys, let’s not get into daft arguments. This is one of the few forums I bother with as everyone is generally really friendly, don’t turn it into one of the golf forums.

There’s positives and negatives to electric cars. It’s just certain people won’t admit there are negatives to them and there are those that will always hate them. Once they make an electric car that’ll give me 500 miles like my petrol car in a similar time to “fill up” with a reasonable charger network and a decent price then I’ll gladly change. I suspect I’ll be waiting a few more years yet.
Manclad
New
Drives: GTi +

Post by Manclad »

Agreed. Should be a forum for kindness and friendly banter. Enough stress in the world. ✊🤝👍
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

lancslad1985 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:02 pm There’s positives and negatives to electric cars.
I'm sure there's a battery joke to be had in here somewhere :-D
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

MilgeS wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:24 pm
lancslad1985 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:02 pm There’s positives and negatives to electric cars.
Don't lead him on, it's getting highly charged in this thread currently. :lol:
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:03 pm
MilgeS wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:24 pm
Don't lead him on, it's getting highly charged in this thread currently. :lol:
Come on now, it's not Andy's volt he's so passionate about EVs.
Manclad
New
Drives: GTi +

Post by Manclad »

All this talk about electric cars will lead to a re volt in the end!

Mind you now the future is electric I hear VW will change the company name to Voltswagon 😆
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

I thought my positive/negative comment was subtle but one of you caught on. Guilty as charged.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Take care Andy. Thanks for being here.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Voltswatton.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

lancslad1985 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:02 pm Guys, let’s not get into daft arguments. This is one of the few forums I bother with as everyone is generally really friendly, don’t turn it into one of the golf forums.

There’s positives and negatives to electric cars. It’s just certain people won’t admit there are negatives to them and there are those that will always hate them. Once they make an electric car that’ll give me 500 miles like my petrol car in a similar time to “fill up” with a reasonable charger network and a decent price then I’ll gladly change. I suspect I’ll be waiting a few more years yet.
Here we have it, nutshell ^^. Well done there....