2003 VW Polo 9N No Spark

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
duratec
New
Drives: 1.2 12V

2003 VW Polo 9N No Spark

Post by duratec »

Hello,

I'm having difficulty pinpointing why my Polo wont start.
Car: 2003 POLO E 1.2 12V 65bhp
Engine Code: AZQ

I took the car for its MOT and it failed (two snapped coil springs). I always leave the spare key with the mechanic, which I never use. About three days later when he came to do the work on the car, he couldn't start it to move it back into the garage. The car hasn't run since.

Upon starting, the engine turns over fine, just no spark from any of the plugs. I can smell the fuel from the cabin, the compression is good and the timing is fine. I don't think the crankshaft position sensor is faulty as the rev-counter needle is moving as I turn the engine over.
I've read the codes and I'm getting "No communication with vehicle ECU".

Can anybody help me with this?
JOE REX
New
Drives: 9N 1.4 BBY engine

Re: 2003 VW Polo 9N No Spark

Post by JOE REX »

Hi,if the timing,compression and crank sensor are all good then you need to chaeck the ground and power supply to the coils.If the ground and power supply to coils are all good then check the signal wires from coils to ecu(engine computer).if the wires are fine and the fuel pressure is good then the problem is the ecu(engine computer).To check for fuel pressure use a pressure Guage.Fuel pressure should at least be 2.5 bars to 3 bars....