GTI+ Lease ending - Buy or hand back?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: GTI+ Lease ending - Buy or hand back?

Post by SRGTD »

TGGTI wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:07 pm Great reply SRGT

Never needed an MOT with previous cars and was unaware can have 1 month before due / warranty runs out. Will be doing that for sure. Cheers
Yes, it’s useful to be able to do this. The earliest you can get the MOT done is 1 month minus 1 day before the MOT due date. Getting it done early doesn’t affect the expiry date of the MOT - if your car’s MOT is due 01/06/2022 and you decide to get it MOT’d at the beginning of May, the period on the MOT cert will be shown from the beginning of May 2022 to the last day of May 2023 - so a 13 month period.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Even if you don't want to keep the car, best to get a Motorway.co.uk quote to see what it's worth. If it's worth more than the settlement, buy it and then sell it for a bit of profit. Given the chips shortages right now, used prices are crazy.
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Post by Boxerboy »

Sounds like you had/have a reasonable lease deal.

I’ve used PCP in past but am now running with PCH deals.

A couple of years ago our PCP Octavia was worth more than the buying price. So I bought it to use while waiting for the new Polo to arrive. Then sold it for cash at a profit. Should have kept it with hind sight.

With regard to first MOT, like others I expected the Octavia to sail though the test, but it failed on a leaking front strut. No, I hadn’t gone searching for a minor oil leak on my struts as the car was mint with low miles. As I’d used an MOT shop near home rather than the distant supplying dealer, I had no leg to stand on w.r.t. a warranty argument. The buyer was happy.

Onward with our low miles, mint Polo that ends the current lease in December. I’ll seriously consider buying it as VWFS usually offer to let you keep it to save them the bother of taking it back.

I’ll just do the usual annualised sums. The car will be mint with low miles.

New car prices have become silly. PCP deals demand very significant deposits. Life has changed in 2 years with annual miles significantly reduced. Cost of living rocketing. Lots to consider.
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Boxerboy wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:13 am Sounds like you had/have a reasonable lease deal.

I’ve used PCP in past but am now running with PCH deals.

A couple of years ago our PCP Octavia was worth more than the buying price. So I bought it to use while waiting for the new Polo to arrive. Then sold it for cash at a profit. Should have kept it with hind sight.

With regard to first MOT, like others I expected the Octavia to sail though the test, but it failed on a leaking front strut. No, I hadn’t gone searching for a minor oil leak on my struts as the car was mint with low miles. As I’d used an MOT shop near home rather than the distant supplying dealer, I had no leg to stand on w.r.t. a warranty argument. The buyer was happy.

Onward with our low miles, mint Polo that ends the current lease in December. I’ll seriously consider buying it as VWFS usually offer to let you keep it to save them the bother of taking it back.

I’ll just do the usual annualised sums. The car will be mint with low miles.

New car prices have become silly. PCP deals demand very significant deposits. Life has changed in 2 years with annual miles significantly reduced. Cost of living rocketing. Lots to consider.
I've used both PCP and PCH too.
I'm not doing PCH again though, it's too inflexible.
As an example, i considered taking advantage of the current daft prices to get rid of our Evoque and get my wife into an electric SUV of some kind.
Ha...no chance...they wanted X for the car and 50% of the remaining payments.
Killed the idea stone dead.
PCP would have been the purchase price of the car only.