OBDeleven / Carista users on the forum?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

OBDeleven / Carista users on the forum?

Post by ad_182_uk »

Hi all,

Anyone on here got access to the systems that let you make small coding amendments?

Or are the devices relatively cheap / how do they work?

Interested in some of the alterations you can make on the polo such as speedo increment change, fuel fill up requirement, pulsing engine start/stop button and so on.

Thanks!
mobbeduo
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI 2.0 2020

Re: OBDeleven / Carista users on the forum?

Post by mobbeduo »

Hi,

I have used carista with an elm327 wifi adaptor to change throttle respons behavior to direct and show a/c blow speed on auto. Works perfect.
Soundaktor changes stop working after changing to another driving profile unfortunately, but says 0% in the app.
But would buy obdeleven if I had to buy a new one.

The super cheap one I have, is well, super cheap :D
https://estore.nu/da/fejlkodelaeser/98- ... gjEALw_wcB
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

Okay thanks.

I managed to contact a guy that retrofitted cruise control to a r32 and as he had VCDS he managed to make a fair few changes for me via that.

Coding ability to have led fogs, rear indicators and reverse lights

Pulsing start button

‘Ignition on’ buzzer warning removed

Speedo now has 10,30,50 etc intervals.

Low pass filter adjusted to 80hz for the beats system

Enabled ‘suggested refuel quantity in litres’ display

Enabled ability to lock the car whilst engine running (keyless systems only)

…may go back at some point to set the ‘coming home lights’ to auto rather than having to manually pull the stalk each time.
Teee
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo gti +

Post by Teee »

I’m interested to know if the low pass filter adjusted to 80hz made any significant change to the sound quality? Tia
ad_182_uk wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:45 pm Okay thanks.

I managed to contact a guy that retrofitted cruise control to a r32 and as he had VCDS he managed to make a fair few changes for me via that.

Coding ability to have led fogs, rear indicators and reverse lights

Pulsing start button

‘Ignition on’ buzzer warning removed

Speedo now has 10,30,50 etc intervals.

Low pass filter adjusted to 80hz for the beats system

Enabled ‘suggested refuel quantity in litres’ display

Enabled ability to lock the car whilst engine running (keyless systems only)

…may go back at some point to set the ‘coming home lights’ to auto rather than having to manually pull the stalk each time.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

I would say, based on my own experience / maybe placebo but, yes.

Seems to of diverted the bass away from the lower door speakers as intended.

There’s a couple more changes I would like doing if anyone can help?…

Coming home lights automatically work rather than pulling the stalk, remove ‘caution engine running’ and ‘more selector to P’ warnings when drivers door open.
Dazeredo
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo aw1 1.0t 95hp

Post by Dazeredo »

That change on the beats system is possible with OBDEleven or Carista or is only with VCDS? The beats really has the cutout frequency to high from factory :|
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

Not sure?

The adaption was made for me via vcds but i thought both had the same capabilities if you had the right subscription level.
Dazeredo
Bronze Member

Post by Dazeredo »

Thanks, I searched a bit more and it seems that at least OBDeleven can do it. Now it would be perfect find someone with the adapter instead of buy it :oops:
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

Just digging into the beats audio a bit more.

I think the adaptions available for changing low / mid / high frequency is related to the 3 EQ settings on the infotainment system.

I believe (not gospel) that the frequency choices are not actually cut off ranges they relate to which frequency is raised / lowered when adjusting the EQ. Obviously it does not individually raise that specific frequency but the 'curve' would peak and trough around that figure.

I still think lowering the lower frequency to 80hz is better than 100hz though as bass / kick drum tends to be 80hz, so best to boost this rather than 100hz which could incur more 'muddiness'

Also - i notice some systems have a dedicated 'subwoofer' slider - why does the polo not have this? Can it be enabled?
Dazeredo
Bronze Member

Post by Dazeredo »

I've my settings with bass in -3 to preserve the speakers and I still notice "enough" bass but ad_182_uk it's a shame but the cutoff system isn't an option as most radios with subwoofer output have. In cars with the beats system it should be configurable in the infotainment.

I'll try to talk with the people of my dealer to change the hidden setting with me to see the differences, even knowing that will cost me some money, but still cheaper that buying the equipment (I hope).
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

Dazeredo wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:55 pm I've my settings with bass in -3 to preserve the speakers and I still notice "enough" bass but ad_182_uk it's a shame but the cutoff system isn't an option as most radios with subwoofer output have. In cars with the beats system it should be configurable in the infotainment.

I'll try to talk with the people of my dealer to change the hidden setting with me to see the differences, even knowing that will cost me some money, but still cheaper that buying the equipment (I hope).
Sounds good. I would be nice to get the subwoofer and bass adjustments separate. That way the Sub can be left high to manage most the bass, then turned down on the door speakers.

Just need to see if someone with the right VCDS / OBDII can find a setting to enable it (if possible)