So, how well did your dealer keep you up to date?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

So, how well did your dealer keep you up to date?

Post by steeve »

So if you've ordered a new car at some point how well did the dealer communicate with you during the waiting period?

Did they keep you informed of your order's progress or did they just ignore you once they had your order or somewhere in the middle.

We ordered a new Polo GTi at the beginning of November from a dealer in Leicestershire and not once has any one actually contacted us. We've had to call every time. Even when we've called and left a message for the salesman to give us a bell they've never called back.
Never use them again, compared to Audi and Mini dealers it's been very disappointing.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: So, how well did your dealer keep you up to date?

Post by SRGTD »

I had one really good, memorable experience with the VW dealer I’ve used for the last 20 years and that was when I bought my mk6 GTD (ordered in Nov 2010, took delivery in July 2011) and was before the days of on line trackers, VW apps etc. From Jan 2011, the salesperson I dealt with used to contact me every two weeks to give me an update, even if there wasn’t anything new to tell me. The whole process of dealing with that salesperson was excellent from the initial visit to the dealership to order the car through to the follow up calls they made to ensure everything was OK after I’d taken delivery.

When I ordered my current car, VW’s tracker was up and running so I was able to monitor my car’s build progress on line - although I didn’t rely on the accuracy of the tracker information. The salesperson I dealt with was very good though and did contact me if there were any developments in the build progress of my car, and they always responded quickly to emails or promptly answered any questions I had if I phoned them. That particular salesperson had been with the same dealership for over 20 years (unusual in this day and age for a salesperson to last that long at a dealership?) and they’re still there. When my car was back at the dealership for its first service last September, the salesperson made a point of coming over for a chat to make sure everything was still OK with my car and that I was happy with it.

At the end of the day, I think it does depend on the salesperson you deal with. Between my current car and my mk6 Golf when I bought my last car, I dealt with a salesperson who at best IMHO could only be described as incompetent. Because of the poor experience of dealing with that salesperson, when I was considering buying my current car, I almost didn’t return to the dealership to see what deal could be negotiated. Fortunately that salesperson had long since left the dealership.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

When I ordered my present Polo. They told me there was a 6 months lead time. But I never really heard nothing from my dealer into they had a build week for the car. And then again they never contacted me into the car landed in U.K. in which time I had been waiting 9 months for the car.

But I was tracking the process on the VW build tracker App.
PO10ASH
Getting There!
Drives: POLO GTI+

Post by PO10ASH »

I contacted my dealership 2-3 times during my order, initially to ask about servicing my current car and then around factory closures, I ordered in Feb 2020 and unfortunately the factory closed down at one stage due to COVID-19, after that it was pointless nagging my dealership for updates. Honestly struck lucky with the guy from my dealership, soon as it arrived in Notts he let me know it was "offsite" and then as soon as it arrived into the dealership he sent me an iMessage with pictures of the car before PDI etc, held the car for an extra week to push it into September 1st delivery date.

Rest is history, your sales person is human too and there are still massive component shortages effecting car manufacturing.