CanBus database for 6C

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
emirefek
New
Drives: Polo 6C (Polo 2016 Comfortline, Turkey)

CanBus database for 6C

Post by emirefek »

Hello, everyone I'm quite new in the forum, couple weeks ago I decided to make my own custom headunit to my car, because in my country autoshops gave me nearly 1200$ price to upgrade my car to Discover Pro unit, so I though I can make better than it. I'm into software development and have quite knowledge about electronics, I'm pretty sure I can reverse engineer the can system but I just don't want to bloat my self if someone already did that before, are there any can data databases for this car? There is chinese headunits can decode canbus system, I'm sure there is a database but don't know how to find them. I'll be very glad if someone point a direction to me. Thanks.
spacewalker
Bronze Member
Drives: Just a VW

Re: CanBus database for 6C

Post by spacewalker »

hmm......
analise CAN ... need a time ...time... and time and more time
and you collecting your own database, ID, frame ,etc ....
you just want someone database what he collect from years .........to get within 1 min ??
:shock:
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

why dont you use elm327 database? If you want to decode CAN messages.
You dont really need much more.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

what are you looking to do ?
I'm looking to fit a stand alone ecu into my car so have been messing with the convenience CAN a bit and have identified a few of the different frames to get to do certain things on the bus.

next i'll have to look at the powertrain CAN which i'm hoping will be less busy that the convenience CAN but i doubt it.
amer6R wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:14 am why dont you use elm327 database? If you want to decode CAN messages.
You dont really need much more.
that probably just contains the Generic OBD II CAN info that all cars use
amer6R
Platinum Member

Post by amer6R »

Why would he need any more, he is not building a diagnostic device.
He will probably use an CAN sniffer and send data to his raspberry pi, or arduino.
The chinese headunits are not any better, you cant read dtcs with them, atleast there isnt an app. You still have to utilize elm.

You will probably mount ECU master solution, there is noo need to complicate the stuff. You are making it easier, and as far as I know ECU master can provide you with plug and play ecu and harness adapter.

Maybe he wants to pull nav data from his HU to display directions on instrument cluster?

You would probably loose Immo aplicability, but some hudiny or zeder and no issues for thiefs
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

amer6R wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:00 pm Why would he need any more, he is not building a diagnostic device.
He will probably use an CAN sniffer and send data to his raspberry pi, or arduino.
The chinese headunits are not any better, you cant read dtcs with them, atleast there isnt an app. You still have to utilize elm.

You will probably mount ECU master solution, there is noo need to complicate the stuff. You are making it easier, and as far as I know ECU master can provide you with plug and play ecu and harness adapter.

Maybe he wants to pull nav data from his HU to display directions on instrument cluster?

You would probably loose Immo aplicability, but some hudiny or zeder and no issues for thiefs
the volume, previous/next controls on the steering wheel use CAN frames to send the info to the headunit which is probably not sent to the OBD port.

i'm using a usb-can device from aliexpress and ubuntu linux makes it fairly easy to get into the CAN bus required.
amer6R
Platinum Member

Post by amer6R »

He can easly sniff that CAN messages if he know what he is doing.
spacewalker
Bronze Member
Drives: Just a VW

Post by spacewalker »

amer6R wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:04 pm He can easly sniff that CAN messages if he know what he is doing.
sure he can , but he is looking ready table with desctriptions etc