Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:52 pm
es_paradis wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:25 pm Just heard from my dealer, they have a VIN number and a delivery date, the 44th week > late October or early November. Which is exactly on point with the 270 day period initially agreed upon.
That sounds a bit strange to me!

If you have a VIN number, surely the car has already been built? That certainly seemed the case for me. So I wonder why the long delay to actual delivery for you? Usually only takes 6/8 weeks at worst to ship/deliver from all I've read / been told.

I only got a VIN number when my car moved to Status 30 (In transit from factory), Commission Status 4 (production finished). And my dealer sends me screen prints from the VW ordering system. So I know he's being honest.

Strange....
Unless it’s currently a part-built car that’s either waiting for semiconductors or certain semiconductor-dependent components. Because of the supply issues with semiconductors, this has been happening with quite a few VAG cars - i.e. they are being partially built and then moved into a storage facility until the missing parts are received from the supplier, at which point the car’s build is completed. I dare say these partially built cars may already have a VIN code allocated to them.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:47 pm
Unless it’s currently a part-built car that’s either waiting for semiconductors or certain semiconductor-dependent components. Because of the supply issues with semiconductors, this has been happening with quite a few VAG cars - i.e. they are being partially built and then moved into a storage facility until the missing parts are received from the supplier, at which point the car’s build is completed. I dare say these partially built cars may already have a VIN code allocated to them.
Good point.

Which is why I'd personally want to know what the General Status code was (in a case like this I would have thought it would be still showing 20) and the Commission status should indicate if there was a hold up (I think this is 3).

I'd be interested to know the spec of the car ordered (especially any options).
es_paradis
New
Drives: 2023 GTI Pure White

Post by es_paradis »

I think so - they called me to check if I'm willing to add Digital Cockpit Pro as an option as it may speed up the delivery - in most markets it's standard equipment, but I was unaware that there were two types of digital cockpits. The standard one is like the one you'd get in a normal facelifted Polo (not configurable at all).

Anyway, the dealer thought it was weird that I ordered so much options, but forgot to tick that box. And they were right!

So my spec now looks like:
Kings Red dash insert
Automatic climate Control
Beats audio
IQ Drive w/ Travel Assist
Keyless entry / start
Sport Select Suspension
Digital Cockpit Pro
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

es_paradis wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:09 am I think so - they called me to check if I'm willing to add Digital Cockpit Pro as an option as it may speed up the delivery - in most markets it's standard equipment, but I was unaware that there were two types of digital cockpits. The standard one is like the one you'd get in a normal facelifted Polo (not configurable at all).

Anyway, the dealer thought it was weird that I ordered so much options, but forgot to tick that box. And they were right!

So my spec now looks like:
Kings Red dash insert
Automatic climate Control
Beats audio
IQ Drive w/ Travel Assist
Keyless entry / start
Sport Select Suspension
Digital Cockpit Pro
Fair bit of equipment looks to be optional in your country! Lets hope it doesn't take so long for you. Good luck :)
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

Any new owners give a rating of the new car out of 10 perhaps…!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Looking at one or two vids from buyers in South Africa, the seats look full leather. Are they an option there and if so why not here? Microfiber and faux leather in the UK.
Am I seeing things?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:59 pm Looking at one or two vids from buyers in South Africa, the seats look full leather. Are they an option there and if so why not here? Microfiber and faux leather in the UK.
Am I seeing things?
I think full leather was an option on the pre-facelift (AW) GTI in South Africa too; seem to remember that @OomStu_ZA has full leather in their pre-facelift GTI. However in the UK, I don’t think there are many cars in the B (small car) segment that do get full (real) leather as an option.

Each to their own - and we all like different things - but I personally wouldn’t want full leather; IMHO the price that VW charges for the leather upholstery option in the UK market on models that offer it as an option makes it expensive - it was just under £1,800 on the mk7.5 Golf GTI and is £2,380 on a mk8 Golf GTI. Admittedly, the mk8 leather option also includes seat cooling, but in my book, £2,380 is still a lot of money, especially when you don’t really get that much real leather with ‘full leather’ - only the parts your back and butt make direct contact with are actually leather; the rest is vinyl (VW always used to qualify this with a statement along the lines of ‘some parts of the leather interior will contain artificial leather). Also, historically, the quality of VW’s leather hasn’t been the best (prone to creasing and sagging). If VW offered leather in the Polo without seat cooling to keep the price down to tempt buyers, the thought of getting into a car and sitting on hot, sticky leather in the forthcoming UK heatwave that’s predicted over the next few days isn’t something I’d want to experience 😮.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Cheers for the info SRGTD.
Yes it will be officially scorchio over the next few days!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Anyone got the new model yet? Does it still have the mooing on reverse? I’m getting massively tempted to change back…..
OhValleyOfPlenty
New
Drives: Polo R Line

Post by OhValleyOfPlenty »

My Polo has been at status 30 for 2 weeks now. Not sure how long it's supposed to take to get to the port. There aren't any ships due in to Port Elizabeth that are heading to Europe that I can see in the near future either.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Been told mine has left the factory , possibly could arrive middle of August. I said best keep it until reg change in September.
Wouldn't think the mooing is still happening as they successfully identified the problem and fixed our current models.
Kapellmeister
New

Post by Kapellmeister »

Philip GTI wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:49 pm Any new owners give a rating of the new car out of 10 perhaps…!
I've had my new Polo since May, have driven ~1200km. I'm in Australia, and was lucky to get one of a handful of dealer demos that made it to the country. I got it in King's Red, with sunroof and the upgraded Discovery Pro + Beats audio. Everything else comes as standard equipment, while you pay a hefty price, it is stacked with features.

I'm loving the car. I had never driven a sporty car before. I actually never cared much for driving before either, but now I crave getting into my GTI and going for a drive. The torque feels amazing. The car is amazing to look at. The tech is brilliant too. I love the digital displays, and the park assist. I'm wowed as my previous car was a 2012 Hyundai i30. The haptic digital buttons don't bother me much. I've actually been booking weekends away so I can take it to the country with my partner. I'm looking for reasons to drive now, while before I had no pleasure in driving.

I really have no complaints. Perhaps, ideally, I wish we could get Harmon Kardon speakers instead of Beats, but I am warming up to the speakers I have.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

johnpolo2 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:43 pm Wouldn't think the mooing is still happening as they successfully identified the problem and fixed our current models.
Glad to hear it. I got rid of my gti before they came out with the fix so I missed that bit. I sorely miss it however.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

johnpolo2 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:43 pm Been told mine has left the factory , possibly could arrive middle of August. I said best keep it until reg change in September.
Wouldn't think the mooing is still happening as they successfully identified the problem and fixed our current models.
Just had it confirmed that my car is aboard ship sailing northways too. Estimated to hit Germany in early August. Then see how quick if can make it across North Sea. I think probably same timescales as you @johnpolo2
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

Phoned my sales guys this afternoon expecting to hear that my car was now on a ship and heading to Europe. It's definitely been built (build week 22) and the build is marked as completed, with the car in transit from the factory. But still showing status 30, while I thought it would have moved to status 39 vehicle on ship. By all accounts it's showing as the build having been completed some 36 days ago (which sort of ties up with a build week of 22). So at least it's not awaiting some missing component, or so I've been assured.

Mind you... the sales guy did comment that he has seen this a few times and then he looks out of the window a few days later and there is the car sitting outside the garage on a transporter.

O'well... done when it's done I suppose :(