Automatic light sensor retrofitting

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Ritxi
New
Drives: Polo 6R

Automatic light sensor retrofitting

Post by Ritxi »

Hello, I would like to install automatic light sensor in my Volkswagen polo 6r, what is the best way to do it? I've searched the forum but I can't find any tutorial on how to do it.

I have seen this kit that is removable and put, has anyone tried it? I guess they will not be of good quality for the price it has.

IMG_20220905_001128.jpg
IMG_20220905_001128.jpg (137.38 KiB) Viewed 690 times

I would appreciate some guidance on how to do it since I don't want to put something that doesn't work well.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Re: Automatic light sensor retrofitting

Post by amer6R »

No one knows. Everyone who said that they want to buy it never come back the forum to leave their impressions.

Installation is easy, just unplug the your light switch, pop the new one and program it ( read the manual that comes with the switch).

If it has a detached light sensor just route the sensor on to dashboard.
Ritxi
New

Post by Ritxi »

Thank you very much for the answer, and is it complicated to install with OEM parts? Any tutorial available on the forum?
giannis20vt
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6c MY2016 1.0 75Hp

Post by giannis20vt »

Hi,
i have installed one of them. THere are several versions, you have to be very carefull when you choose the item.
Mine works fine, it handles the lights very well. The only problem is the warning sign for forgotten lights, at night, when you turn off the engine and open the driver's door. And that's because it has a leaving home function and keeps the lights on for about 30 seconds.
Ritxi
New

Post by Ritxi »

Do you know if with this BCM I could retrofit some OEM automatic lights?
Attachments
IMG_20220905_230239.jpg
IMG_20220905_230239.jpg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 538 times
Ritxi
New

Post by Ritxi »

Well, after having installed the automatic light sensor and having tried it, I must say that it works very well, the only downside is in the garage that since the lights are on when you get in or out of the car, it gives the acoustic warning of lights on, the best solution that I have found is when I park it in the garage leave it in position 0 instead of automatic.

If anyone knows how to deactivate the warning of forgetting lights on through VAGCOM, I would appreciate your collaboration.