WeConnect issue

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: WeConnect issue

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:01 pm @srgtd it’s now a known issue on a small number of cars. They’ve had three cars from 155 sold in the last month and they’ll check it before I collect it.

I’ve nothing to lose as I want a polo gti anyway and my blue one could be months before being fixed. My wife’s r line was built same time as my gti and is fine as are other new VWs I know of. Plus my current car, ie the Guinea pig, will be being worked on in that month so they should find a fix.
Ah OK, I incorrectly assumed that it was something that affected all cars. Seems strange that only a small number of cars are affected if they all have the same hardware and software (maybe they don’t?).

No doubt all auto manufacturers experience software glitches from time to time. However, VW - or the wider VAG - do seem to have had more than their fair share of software-related issues since they moved software development in-house. There’ve been 2 or 3 additional software fixes to resolve bugs in the ‘big fix’ that was rolled out earlier this year - supposedly to sort the issues on the mk8 Golf. Some Golf owners on various forums who’ve had all the fixes are still experiencing software issues, some of which were resolved by the ‘big fix’ but then resurfaced when subsequent software updates were applied to their cars. Some Seat Leon, Cupra Leon and Cupra Formentor owners have had similar experiences; very frustrating for owners of affected cars.

I understand that the decision to move software development in-house was seen as a way to reduce cost and to remove reliance on third party software development companies. However, buggy software that wasn’t deemed fit for purpose forced VAG to delay the launch of certain premium models Porsche, Bentley and Audi models and VW’s ID range of EV’s, and that seems to have cost ex-CEO Herbert Diess his job.

Fingers crossed your replacement GTI will be fine and you can get on with enjoying it. Look forward to seeing some pictures in due course 🙂.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Cheers SRGTD. I’m hoping it’s just my bad luck with blue cars as my red ones have been great for me (touchwood). Only another month to wait…..again!
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

@lancslad1985 Just catching up on posts, I am sorry that you have had such a nightmare. Hopefully things will get better and WeConnect will work. I know above you said there was a new car coming, but i think I also saw you had the blue GTI back. Whichever you have I hope it is something you can now enjoy.