Adaptive Cruise Control

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Adaptive Cruise Control

Post by AndyGTi »

Nearly up to 2000 miles in my car now.

Success this week with the Adaptive Cruise Control. It is a great technological achievement to be able to be able to drive along with travel Assist set and for the car to recognise speed limit signs and automatically alter the speed of the ACC. Also to be able to drive through a roundabout without using the pedals and just steer or for car to "see" a bend and slow the car before taking the bend and resuming speed.

However, the road network of UK is not in a VW Lab, test track so a couple of flaws:

1) On the M4 in Wales around Newport there is a 50mph section with average speed cameras. The car detected 50 and slowed me down. excellent, but as it passed a junciton spotted 60 on the sliproad and speeded me up to 60 (or nearly 60 before I lowered it quickly)
2) Speed into roundabout is very much on conservative side and I think if I had let the car do it with a queue behind me there would have been some trouble.
3) slowing for bend is fine but not so that again it hits ultra conservative speed.

However, finally decided enough was enough, I had tried a few things without success, but after a quick flick through the manual....Success!!!!!! VW Nanny modes overridden

So no more Speed sign detection. Its all down to little old me and my Eyes
No more GPS road tracking...I can decide how fast we take the bend
And I now realise I don't need to activate "Travel Assist" every time I want ACC.
Also managed to set remember last distance setting as well.

So my journeys on Tuesday were much better thanks to my tinkering about.
Mklft57
New
Drives: Polo AW1

Re: Adaptive Cruise Control

Post by Mklft57 »

By any chance I can get in contact with you?
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Re: Adaptive Cruise Control

Post by AndyGTi »

Hi @Mklft57 yes feel free to PM me or post a question below and I’ll try and answer.

Andy