Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by SRGTD »

sirwolfie wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:24 pm I hope your car is perfect but if my previous VW cars are anything to go by you will have a number of interior rattles to contend with. Defiantly takes the edge off the new car experience.
I’ve had five brand new VW’s and none have been perfect. Mainly bodywork issues comprising incorrect bumper trim insert fitted (solid black when it should have been pearlescent black), uneven panel gaps/misaligned panels, a scratch, a small dent, a paintwork imperfection, a poorly fitted wheel arch liner and an interior grease mark on an A pillar trim all of which got through factory QC and dealership PDI. One of the German built Golf’s was the worst (so much for the so called legendary German build quality). On a positive, there’ve been very few creaks or rattles though.

Agree, it does take the edge off the new car experience.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Have to agree with SRGTD here. If you were getting it professionally coated I’d leave it a week or two for fatal issues to manifest. Didn’t take long for my original gti to show its true colours. The only reason my new one is getting valeted is Im doing it myself today.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I never go to that much trouble though I do rinse the washed car with deionized water, which lifts the shine and no need for drying off.
somersetboy
New
Drives: GTI

Post by somersetboy »

You guys aren’t giving me much confidence! Fingers crossed the car will be absolutely fine.

Spoke to dealer last night and he has provisionally booked me in for Monday handover given the car has arrived etc (he’s got Sat/Sun off and said logistically wouldn’t be able to get it done before weekend)
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

somersetboy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:50 am You guys aren’t giving me much confidence! Fingers crossed the car will be absolutely fine.

Spoke to dealer last night and he has provisionally booked me in for Monday handover given the car has arrived etc (he’s got Sat/Sun off and said logistically wouldn’t be able to get it done before weekend)
I’m sure it’ll be fine. My issues seems to be a rarity on here. It’s more a just in case comment.
sirwolfie
New
Drives: A45

Post by sirwolfie »

You will be fine, just be observant and expect all will not be perfect :D
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Post by LEEA123 »

well, today id the day. Will post some pics in the other thread on forum, over the next couple of days
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Welcome to the club!
somersetboy
New
Drives: GTI

Post by somersetboy »

Collected car yesterday morning.

Absolutely chuffed with it and definitely feels a bit more premium than my previous Polo GTI+ model - the drive feels a bit smoother too!

We Connect connected first time at dealership, although the app was dropping out when the engine was off (think this has settled now).

Currently in for ceramic coating today after clean, polish and decontamination yesterday.

Looks better than previous model too (IMO).

Hope you are all getting on well with your Polo GTIs!
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

@somersetboy I said the same as I had owned a gti+ previously. It feels more solid, there seems to be less road and wind noise in the cabin too. This also applies to the standard polo as my wife went to the new r line from the pre facelift United and she said it feels better made. Not sure what they did.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Enjoy your new cars.
Yes I said the same coming from the GTI +.
Feels better screwed together, doors shut with a more determined clunk. Smoother on the roads too.
ajohnson505
New
Drives: Gti

Post by ajohnson505 »

Has anyone got any updates for a 31 Dec delivery? I've had nothing from the dealer so far.
phaze8000
New
Drives: 6C Polo GTI Pure White

Post by phaze8000 »

ajohnson505 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:10 pm Has anyone got any updates for a 31 Dec delivery? I've had nothing from the dealer so far.
Hey, I had an update today saying it was
"Your brand new vehicle should be at UK port very soon. Then it’s approximately 10 days to reach site. I will keep you updated once it has reached UK port. Then when arrives on site we can arrange handover."
VWbuyer
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by VWbuyer »

Hi, I am new here but thought I would share the progress of my new Polo GTI:

28/10/22 notification from dealer that car was built. Looked on MarineTraffic to see what Vehicles Carriers were bound for Port Elizabeth. The Silver Glory was due in a week.
7/11/22 Silver Glory sailed from Port Elizabeth bound for Emden.
29/11/22 Silver Glory arrived Emden
30/11/22 email from dealer that the car has arrived in Emden, expected delivery to me before Xmas.
ajohnson505
New
Drives: Gti

Post by ajohnson505 »

Oh brilliant. I've had a look at the vehicle carriers leaving emden and there's a couple arriving in the UK tomorrow. Hopefully our cars are on there!