2017 1.2 TSI Match Edition (Ideas for cosmetics)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Fat
New
Drives: 2017 1.2 TSI Match Edition

2017 1.2 TSI Match Edition (Ideas for cosmetics)

Post by Fat »

Hey everyone recently picked this up a few weeks, after ditching a s**t fiesta causing more hassle than it was worth.

Been trying to come up with ideas for what I could possibly do, the only issue is I'm unsure compatible between parts since my understanding is there are a few differences between trims in terms of body shape.

Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction cause all I could figure out is that my model is possibly a 6R
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: 2017 1.2 TSI Match Edition (Ideas for cosmetics)

Post by RUM4MO »

To make things a bit clearer, while your car is a 6R, it is a facelifted 6R and so has undated "electronics" bits, and subtle body parts differences so make sure that you are only buying 6C Polo parts as this is typically what people call the facelifted 6R Polo. Oh, and the engines etc are different, ie your car has a 1.2TSI 16V engine, the earlier 6R cars 1.2TSI was an 8V engine - if you are buying dress panels for the engine, you need to know this.
Fat
New
Drives: 2017 1.2 TSI Match Edition

Re: 2017 1.2 TSI Match Edition (Ideas for cosmetics)

Post by Fat »

Thanks for the help man forgot to say, finally found a few compatible cosmetic changes I could make and also found an induction kit plus a dump valve if I can afford the crazy insurance hike that comes with it lmao