2018 polo gti plus few questions

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
bdfoub20
New
Drives: 2014 Polo 1.2 Match

2018 polo gti plus few questions

Post by bdfoub20 »

Evening, I have a 2018 polo gti plus, and I have a few questions. it has the led lights on it. The fog and turn lights are halogen I notice, can you just fit led bulbs or change the unit for led? And also the rear indicators I take it are halogen, why would this be if the rest of the unit is led?

It doesn’t have auto dip beam lights, can you use OBD 11 or something similar to activate it, or is that not possible?

And one final question, fuel consumption isn’t fantastic what is the norm for a polo gti for around town etc I’m getting around 230 - 240 max per tank.

Cheers
PO10ASH
Getting There!
Drives: POLO GTI+

Re: 2018 polo gti plus few questions

Post by PO10ASH »

Hi,

The fog/turn lights are halogen, you can replace these with LED bulbs, but I did have to use ODB11 to change them to be setup as LED bulbs to stop bulb warning errors when turning them on.
The rear light cluster is part LED (brakes) and part halogen (reverse & indicator), again you can replace the bulbs to LED on these, buy the brightest indicators and watch the person behind you cover their eyes in the night.

Fuel consumption seems about right, I have a heavy foot and drive mostly in normal mode and get around the same unless I've been on the motorway. I've tried eco mode on many occasions but I hate the coasting in city driving constantly having to brake more instead of crawling/engine braking.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Fuel consumption - my long term average is 41-42 mpg. I find 50+ mpg is easily achievable on a decent run and around town I get 30-35 mpg. I never use eco mode, I always have stop start switched off and have the air con turned on 24/7. Car is a 2020 GTI+.
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Post by Boxerboy »

Too many short journeys means our average over 3 years and 13,000+ miles is 32 mpg.

Best on longer runs is around 36 mpg.

Brim to brim not dashboard numbers.

It's fun, but one reason for getting a 1.0 next time :-)
Andy D
New
Drives: 2020 Polo GTi + in Flash Red

Post by Andy D »

bdfoub20 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:02 pm And one final question, fuel consumption isn’t fantastic what is the norm for a polo gti for around town etc I’m getting around 230 - 240 max per tank.

Cheers
I am surprised you say that, on my 2020 Gti I think it is good, on a run and driving sensibly I can easily get 50 + to the gallon. Obviously driving around giving it the beans it won't be so good but that goes for any car :)