Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Re: Patil's T-roc 2020 1.5Tsi evo+Dsg7 RHD

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: ↑Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:10 am What is absolutely OEM is to use the fuse holder for two fuses 6R0937530, being able to use 2 fuse holders in the same receiving hole.

Crystal clear explanation πŸ‘Œ.. thank you Master. :)

ETKA also mentions of only 6R0937530 and not 6R0937530A for my T-roc fuse carrier. I will buy couple of both to have more flexibility during installation :D

I feel you have memorised ETKA fully. :mrgreen:
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Log: 1

My first mod after buying T-roc--- HBA/FLA Success!!!😍😎

My t-roc has all the necessary hardware for HBA/FLA from factory, I only had to activate few adaptation channels in BCM and code the A5 camera to activate HBA. I guess the HBA functionality was disabled from factory in Indian version of T-roc.

Coding: For led projector headlights + A5(3Q0) camera from factory.

Code: Select all

Address 09:
Security access: 31347
Adaptations:

Fernlicht_assistent-Will Beam assistant: responsivity adjustable via BAP: Present

Fernlicht_assistent-Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung: AFS:FLA:Fernlicht ueber AFS

Fernlicht_assistent-Fernlichtassistent Reset: not active

Fernlicht_assistent-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent: installed

Fernlicht_assistent-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung: present

----------------------------

Address A5:
Activate Byte21, bit5
HBA icon in AID (Standby mode)

Icon turns blue when HBA is activated

New menu appears in MIB

Short video:

Works perfectlyπŸ‘ŒπŸ’Ž

HBA gets auto activated when vehicle speed reaches 60km/hr or above and deactivates at 30km/hr when pre set conditions are fulfilled( Owner's manual).
I couldn't find the adaptations to lower the activation speed in either BCM or A5 camera. With 7E0 HBA camera installed in my 6R, there is an adaptation channel to set the desired speed and also many other adaptations to play with.

Inspired by my guruπŸ’Žβ€οΈ
viewtopic.php?p=550981#p550981

Why my wife( my 6R new owner ) should only have all the fun. :mrgreen:

πŸ™
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

My T-roc AID (MY 2020): A flawed beauty!

I liked everything about my T-roc AID except one thing, ie missing clock on top centre of display.😐

It's a minor but significant flaw considering you need to take your eyes off the road to look at MIB to see the time! Heck.. even my old 7 year old polo has time displayed on IC.

VW corrected this blunder from MY 2021 T-roc.

I was determined to see if this injustice can be fixed in my T-roc AID. I started investigating this issue, and the more deeper I went into the rabbit hole, more startling information I found which I would like to share here with everyone.

To begin with I obviously started looking at long codings and adaptations of addresses 17, 19 and 5F. Hit a dead end there.. there is no such coding or adaptations to enable time on AID. Further in my naivety I messaged few cluster experts in Drive2 forum but there was a silence, no one replied. Then I contacted a senior technician at my VW dealer to see if he knows something. He replied positively and told me to get my T-roc, there is a firmware update for AID which might fix the problem.

My T-roc AID firmware was updated by loading the firmware in SD card in 5F control unit in glovebox. The entire process took around 20 minutes.

Flashing process:

The AID goes blank during flashing.

Comparison of SW version before and after update.

After successful update, the cherished time did not appear on AID. :|
Later on I found out that, there was an TPI issued by VW in the form of firmware update to fix the automatic trip reset issue on few batches of AID of PR series 9S0. I never faced the issue of trip values resetting automatically to 0 in my T-roc AID! The firmware update didn't bring anything extra functionality wise. Back to square one again.😁

With hopes dimming, I went to an extent of considering to install new AID from 2021 Model T-rocπŸ™ˆ That's when interesting revelations came to surface.πŸ˜…

Here is the brief summary of why I cannot buy a brand new AID from 2021 T-roc onwards and install in my 2020 T-roc even though both look same. Devil is in the details and there is more than meets the eyes. 😈

1. The newer AID's installed from MY 2021 onwards has different part no (17A 920 320B HW502/523, SW5175/6170 etc..), compared to mine 2020 AID (17A 920 790B HW 502/ SW4193). Both AID's are not intercompatible because immobilisers are different. Not only immobilisers are different, VW has changed the way AID's handshake with 5F(MIB unit) from MY 2021. My 2020 T-toc AID communicates with 5F through fibre optic cable (MOST) and AID's from MY 2021 communicate with 5F through Ethernet cables! The reason for such a change is due to introduction of MIB3! from MY 2021 across the MQB car models.

Thanks to my VW service centre senior technician for permitting me to click few pictures of MIB3 installed in MY 2021 T-roc, which was at dealer for accident repairs.

MIB3: Interestingly, MIB3 control unit is totally sealed one without CD drive and without SD card slots. I guess MIB3's can be accessed only through UBC-C ports installed in central console of T-roc MY 2021 onwards.

MIB3 quadlock connector with Ethernet wires:

They say time is money, I have neither... :mrgreen:

There are many updates which have happened in my T-roc, details coming soon.☺️

πŸ™
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Log#2

Extra fuse holder:
Prepared an extra fuse holder in my T-roc for upcoming retrofits.

Inspired by excellent post by Master himself. Everything is self explanatory.
viewtopic.php?p=572693#p572693
viewtopic.php?p=574274#p574274

The SC fusebox in my T-roc is located behind the Glovebox on passenger side. In order to access behind the fusebox, I had to remove the entire glovebox, 5F control unit, BCM connectors, BCM and then slide fusebox towards us by releasing the locking tabs. I read the repair manual atleast 5 times before venturing in. Without removing the BCM out from the fuse carrier it was impossible to route the wires of new fuse holder. It's all severly cramped place out there.. it was a nightmare!! πŸ₯΅
With lots of patience and perseverance, without breaking anything, fuseholders were installed into fuse carrier successfully. ☺️

Parts:
Fuse holder (4 fuses) 6R0937530A
(2 fuses) 6R0937530
Terminals: MCP4.8, MCP6.3
Protective caps: 5Q0971990A
Wires of various cross section (mm2): 2.5, 1.5, 1.0 & 0.75.
Butt connectors 12- 18Awg.

This particular image may be has a reason to smileπŸ˜‰

Now my T-roc is ready for retrofits OEM way.

☺️
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 1.2 TDI

Post by iichel »

Nice, well done, very neat!
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Log#3

Backlit front reading light: :mrgreen:

Negotiating front reading light buttons is a pain at night due to the absence of illuminated buttons in T-roc. Strangely near by Sunroof switch is backlit! I didn't understand the logic of VW engineers here. :?:

So decided to fix this inconvenience. Luckily VW provides illuminated buttons of reading light in other models such as Golf7, Arteon, Passat etc.. which can be interchanged between T-roc reading light. I bought one such reading light with sunroof switch of Golf7 from eBay.
I bought LHD reading light rather than RHD, as the buttons layout suits my requirements.

Comparison picture: Top T-roc, bottom Golf7

Backside:

Part numbers:

Wiring diagrams:

Due to the presence of sunroof with illuminated switch in my T-roc, it was easy for me to tap KL58d signal from adjacent sunroof switch connector.

Connection for new backlit reading light:

Some installation pictures and result:

The outcome:

Other observations:
1. The replacement is 1:1, no modification is required whatsoever.
2. The pin assignment(T6)of these reading lights is same across all the car models irrespective of RHD or LHD or functionality.
3. The Leds of Golf7 reading lights are brighter than my stock reading light.

Small small things can make a difference and improve our driving experience. :)

Wishing all the forum members, Admin, Moderators, Readers.. a Happy new year. πŸ˜ŠπŸ”†

πŸ™
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Log#4

Direct TPMS:

I bought the full kit from AliExpress.

The Tiguan bracket was bought long ago when I installed direct tmps in my Polo6R but I didn't used it in my Polo. Now it will come handy in T-roc installation.

Also, I didn't install replica sensors from AliExpress(5Q0907275B). I bought newer version OEM sensors( 5Q0907275F) purchased from eBay. I will keep the AliExpress sensors as backup.

I bought MQB canbus adapter for tapping the Canbus lines for the installation.

Wiring scheme:

1) +30 from new fuse holder
2) Ground: Any near by ground point. I connected to ground hub near left tail light.
3) Canbus extented High&Low: Gateway adapter (T20,17/7)

Coding: Copy/ pasting from Master Ciclo's post here for sake of completion.
viewtopic.php?p=552256#p552256

Code: Select all

Direct TPMS

Address 19:
 Installation List, enable Address 65

Adaptation
 SECURITY ACCESS ---> 20103
 Installation list: specified installations-Tire Pressure Monitoring 1,Not coded ,32 (coded)

Indirect TPMS deactivation / Direct TPMS activation

Address 17: Instruments 
 Coding
 Byte4 Bit0 (disable)
 Byte3 Bit7 (enable)
 Byte11 Bit2 (enable)

Address 03: ABS Brakes
 Coding
 Byte27 Bits 4/5/6 (disable)
 Byte28 Bit7 (disable)

Address 5F: Information Electr.
 SECURITY ACCESS---> 20103
 Adaptation
 Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-tire_pressure_system_0x07_msg_bus,Suspension data bus ,64  (Databus extended)

RDKS editor / VCP 
 Generate and load zdc file (comfort/standard/fully loaded
Pictures of installation:

Such an error will hang if we supply+15 instead of +30 to the TPMS module by mistake. :mrgreen:

I simultaneously did the wiring for BSD radars, details of which I will share little later. :wink:
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Log#5

Newer ODIS-E(14.1)/S(9.1) versions for VAS 6154 on Windows 11: Successfully installed!😎

Previously I had ODIS- E (9.0)/S(6.2) installed on Windows 7 for VAS 5054 clone. Newer and latest versions won't support VAS 5054.

To work with T-roc seamlessly, newer versions of both ODIS were required. I purchased ODIS- E(14.1) and ODIS-S(9.1) from different sellers, links below.

ODIS- E 14.1
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0SDz6I

ODIS- S 9.1
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125718849985 ... media=COPY

Both the sellers were sceptical about successfull installation on newer Windows 11, though they recommended to install on Windows 10. Because I didn't had Win10, I took a bit risk and went ahead with installation on Win11.🀭

The installation of both newer versions of ODIS E&S didn't go smoothly, they will hang mid way during installation. But there is a trick to overcome the hurdle. :wink:

Tip: :idea: We need to kill reg.exe in task manager, when installation hangs and doesn't proceed further. After reg.exe is killed( need to do 2-3 times) installation resumes smoothly.

Everything seems to work correctly from checks and tests I did.☺️

ODIS- E 14.1/ WIN11/ VAS 6154 clone:

ODIS-S 9.1/ WIN 11/ VAS6154 clone:

VX Manager: 1.8.9

----------------------

VCP subscription renewed and installed latest version on Windows11: Works well πŸ‘Œ

All is well... All green😁

Last edited by patil on Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giannis20vt
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6c MY2016 1.0 75Hp

Post by giannis20vt »

Great information about those programs. I appreciate it. Thank you.

I have to mention it . 23oC at 18th of January !!!! WoW.
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

giannis20vt wrote: ↑Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:45 am
I have to mention it . 23oC at 18th of January !!!! WoW.
Tropical countries like us won't have harsher winters like yours., instead we have hot πŸ”₯ summers :mrgreen:
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Log#6

Helix PnP Subwoofer spare tyre mount type installed(000051419 B): A joy& disappointment.

I was very much disappointed for the way in which I received the helix subwoofer and programming dongle. Inspite of paying lot of money for such parts, shipping costs and import tax, I was disheartened to see damages which is totally unjustified and unacceptable.
The box was thrown mercilessly, I don't find any other logical reason to cause such an extent of damages. Sometimes, somethings are beyond our control and wishes.. have to accept and move on. :|

An otherwise beautiful glossy surface was scratched. :oops:

Programming dongleπŸ™ˆ... I couldn't believe, but it still works!!!

Programming files in SD card. For T-roc it's number 26.

The extra adapters provided weren't necessary in my T-roc. For now, the power and ground is tapped from MIB quadlock. But later I will improvise the power supply with independent fuse from additional fuse holder and better ground point.

After installation:

The sound quality has significantly improved over the stock.πŸ‘Œ

In my Polo6R, I have installed trunk mount type(000051419 C):
https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?p=571724#p571724

My sincere thanks to iichel for helping me source many parts includig Helix sub.πŸ™
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 1.2 TDI

Post by iichel »

Well done Patil. I hope you enjoy the improved sound and we learnt from the way we will send parts from now on.
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

iichel wrote: ↑Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:57 pm Well done Patil. I hope you enjoy the improved sound and we learnt from the way we will send parts from now on.
Thank you iichel.. the improvement in sound quality is worth the efforts of us both.πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘

When I went to Post office to register a complaint about damaged parcel.. the post office head, rather she had a piece of advice for me.." Doctor( she knows me.. she happens to be my patient.. 🀭) why you buy a car for which you can't source parts locally" !!!...l left the place without speaking a wordπŸ˜‚