Led lights on a polo

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
RealInsky
New
Drives: Polo 2021 comfortline

Re: Led lights on a polo

Post by RealInsky »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:15 am They should come with a small resistor box that’s part of the wiring, and you plug that in to the original light socket connector and the car would think it’s a normal bulb. That was with the slightly older version to the one I showed you so I’m not sure if they’ve built the resistor into the light itself or if there is still a small box as part of the wiring. It’s plug and play so no crimping needed.
Thanks i've seen they have the mini version not sure if worth it.
RealInsky
New
Drives: Polo 2021 comfortline

Post by RealInsky »

J+silva wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:23 pm
RealInsky wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:47 pm Hello guys,
I come once again to ask about your experience with Polo's, I want to replace my headlight bulb with a led lamp, do you have any known led lights that fit the polo that already has canbus, any lights that are good and required separate canbus or is it better to try and code to Polo for the led lights? If so which odb do you recommend?
If i use 55w leds will i still have an error?
Best regards,
NR INFO
I have the polo with LEDs, personally I find the light much weak than my seat, so much so that it comes with standart turning on the fog lights that help with lighting.
Knowing what I know I would put some good bulbs in the lighthouse, you will spend a lot of money and maybe you won't be satisfied.
Hello,
What leds did you bought? Any specific brand that you advise against or that you think its good?
J+silva
Bronze Member
Drives: polo conf.

Post by J+silva »

RealInsky wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:23 pm
J+silva wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:23 pm
RealInsky wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:47 pm Hello guys,
I come once again to ask about your experience with Polo's, I want to replace my headlight bulb with a led lamp, do you have any known led lights that fit the polo that already has canbus, any lights that are good and required separate canbus or is it better to try and code to Polo for the led lights? If so which odb do you recommend?
If i use 55w leds will i still have an error?
Best regards,
NR INFO
I have the polo with LEDs, personally I find the light much weak than my seat, so much so that it comes with standart turning on the fog lights that help with lighting.
Knowing what I know I would put some good bulbs in the lighthouse, you will spend a lot of money and maybe you won't be satisfied.
Hello,
What leds did you bought? Any specific brand that you advise against or that you think its good?

I bought the car with original led light