Broken/cut wire after changing seat belts?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

Broken/cut wire after changing seat belts?

Post by Aquavalver »

So, I was having my seat belt webbing on my 2013 Blue GT changed, so of course to remove them you need to remove a whole loads of panels-Carpet edge trims, rear quarter cards, B-pillar trims, c pillar trims, boot side and rear panels and rear seat base. Anyway, had the webbing changed, refitted everything and ten go going on my journey in the evening. I first noticed that my hidden am/sub in the lower boot sections wasn't working and no light on the controls on the side of the centre console. Thought maybe it just hadn't been plugged in, but it had and looked fine. Then I noticed that the interior lights were also not working!But, I had to get going on my journey and neither of these affected me too much.

I then noticed that it seemed that I had been flashed at least 3 times, so pulled over, to find I had no tail lights! Indicators, brake lights and number plate lights all worked fine. So drove in the slow lane with hazzards on to the next services as thought that was safer than sitting on the hard shoulder on an unlit motorway where it would be hard to look at anything. Called the breakdown, and meanwhile went to see if I could get some fuses from a shop at the services. Found some, but when changing what seemed like possible ones to cause the problems, they looked fine. Breakdown came and I said had changed seat belts and removed and refitted the panels etc. He could said fuse 21 (says for interior lights) was low on power on one side-this one I had just changed, he fitted another and then said it had blown. So seems like a broken or cut wire is causing the fuse to blow. How on earth this has happened after just removing and refitting the seat belts and plastic panels, I have no idea! It was dark, raining and I had quite a full car, so couldn't really do much more. They couldn't get a recovery vehicle out, so I ended up having to stay in a nearby hotel for the night and carry on with my journey the next morning in day light!

Does anyone know what wires go to the fuse 21 and their route? Is there anywhere online where I ca find this out? It seems most of the looms go along the right hand side of the car.