Seat: wobble backrest

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
quiddi
New
Drives: Polo 6R

Seat: wobble backrest

Post by quiddi »

Hi together,

it should be a common VW problem over years that after a while the backrest of the front seats starts to wobble. Only the backrest is wobbling, the ground where your ass is does not whobble. As I informed myself, it does not matter, if it is a 3-door verion or a 5-door version. So it does not matter if the backrest is fouldable or not.

The problem is that between some rivets and the metal blades is a plastic part. To fix that you should drill out the rivets, manufacture some sleeve to replace this ugly plastic part, and mount it with M8 screws.

I think you can gues that the backrest of my Polo 6R seat is wobbling.

My question to you: Did someone have the same problem and fixed it? Are the red marked rivets in the picture the rivets I have to drill out?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Seat: wobble backrest

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that these rivets allow the base to "rotate" when you adjust the seat, so if it is only the seat back that is wobbling, then it must be a problem somewhere else.

Can you not find some other "seat back only" fixings that need removing to let you sort things out?

All of that was pure guess work from looking at your picture.

Edit:- with earlier and/or other VW Group cars, I had always thought - only thought, that it was the complete seat base that wobbled and that was due to plastic/nylon "glide" pieces wearing down, and they needed replacing.