Polo 6r GTI - Bi-Xenon installation Issues

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Polo 6r GTI - Bi-Xenon installation Issues

Post by ciclo »

A7 is fine.
About the sunsensor or the RLS sensor you will have to look at ETKA which ones correspond to your Rapid.
ETKA online :arrow: viewtopic.php?p=466570#p466570
Rapid
New
Drives: Rapid 2013

Post by Rapid »

Hello, thanksπŸ‘
B11 slot not empty, already installed 😬black white.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

So, the wire is already installed πŸ‘, check that the SB21 fuse is 10A and the wire has a thickness of 0.75mm2.
I seem to remember that in other PQ25 models this +30 power supply on pin T73b/11 is also used internally by the BCM for other systems - I think in vehicles with an automatic gearbox (not sure) -.
Logically the vehicle must have the G85 steering angle sensor (slip ring), as is your case, and I seem to remember that you were experiencing problems when turning the steering wheel. Check the connections and connectors that you touched there. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€”πŸ˜„

---
In some of the links to the videos that you have posted in this thread I see too many provisional wires...
The crimps of the terminals on the wires must be perfect.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Did you separately and correctly insulate the 'instrument panel insert' wires 28 and 29 when you removed them and installed the new ones from T73b/54 and T73b/57?

28 and 29 are still alive and are also linked to G85.
Rapid
New

Post by Rapid »

SB21 Red black 0,75 10A
experiencing problems when turning the steering wheel. Check the connections and connectors that you touched there
i not remember problem when turning steering whell :shock: where is T16/16 area? Or cluster?
In some of the links to the videos that you have posted in this thread I see too many provisional wires...
The crimps of the terminals on the wires must be perfect.

I crimp them very well and fix cable, while there is a mess along the length. So far everything is in a test state and I will fix it later perfect
Did you separately and correctly insulate the 'instrument panel insert' wires 28 and 29 when you removed them and installed the new ones from T73b/54 and T73b/57?

28 and 29 are still alive and are also linked to G85
Yes i insulate it , I wrapped with tape one once and wrapped it close to another
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Here it seems that when you move the steering wheel something is causing some kind of failure in the lights.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/hmitYkSpiVo
If not, then I misinterpreted it. Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―
Rapid
New

Post by Rapid »

Aa ok
Yes blue light start workinh non stop after i start engine and we add new wire 16/9 and new code in this moment.
I could damage this sensor by pulling the bottom cover?
I remember it was difficult for me to turn off T 16 to install the pin and I strongly delayed that cover :oops:
Last edited by Rapid on Sun May 28, 2023 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: ↑Thu May 25, 2023 6:39 pm
check that the SB21 fuse is 10A and the wire has a thickness of 0.75mm2.
I seem to remember that in other PQ25 models this +30 power supply on pin T73b/11 is also used internally by the BCM for other systems - I think in vehicles with an automatic gearbox (not sure).
Sorry to interrupt, but this particular comment about SB21 got my attention.
Recently my wife complained to me that all the interior lights in our 6R have stopped working and tailgate is stuck and unable to open it. When I got time to check, I also saw front bixenon drls both sides + parking lights front and rear were also not working. Bulb error warning light was also lit in maxidot cluster. VCDS scan showed one error in BCM, +30 interior lights open circuit/ short to ground. SB 21 (15A fuse from factory) was blown. I replaced the fuse and everything was back to normal including tailgate unlocking. Few days later SB21 fuse blew again! This made me wonder, whether fuse is blowing due to over consumption as I have too many extra lights connected to output T73a/65 or somewhere in the wiring, short circuit is happening and blowing the fuse.

What is baffling me even more is what has tailgate lock/unlock switch to do with SB21 as well as bixenon drls/ parking lights. πŸ€”

Presently 6R is not with me, I will be getting next week. I will do a thorough investigation and post my findings in my 6R thread.

Back to basics of PQ25 again. :P
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

- @Rapid, I don't know what to tell you, we're just trying to find a possible cause for your new SCLs not working.

- Hi patil, my dear Doctor, you must bear in mind that although the statement or title of this thread is for a 6R, with the user Rapid we are discussing electrical installations for a Skoda Rapid, whose fuse box has different fuse assignment. (something strange is happening in your 6R, ... too many additional installations :lol: , we will deal with it in your thread after the appropriate checks :wink: )
Rapid
New

Post by Rapid »

Hello, it seems to me that this lamp has already flashed before and returning to previous codes helped to make it disappear.

I'll check today if it's only caused by the last coding.

Update
Ok I double check, if i back to Fourth test code, blue lamp disappears.
6C980F2000210400000808303E4B0CC00F40730F600338C0060000164800
Two tests with this BCM coding; You must test it with the BCM 54 channel at 0, and then with 1.
It works all the time with this code but only if i turn light switch. On zero it not working, drl work, no lo no hi at all with Fourth test code :!:
As soon as I change the code to last one, blue indicator turns on immediately :!: Yes it working strange rondom as on previous video and I don't know what to add
Work now no winks
https://youtube.com/shorts/96DiPWvsbQ8?feature=share
but sometimes it flashes when driving or goes out ,I try to catch the moment when driving when it starts to flash or go out , but as I mentioned it work randomly
there is a feeling that it depends on the steering wheel and on the speed sometimes

this is what I may have damaged?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfK3KTID_KU

but why no errors
I don't remember if it was before.or that shows every test before ignition on?
1.JPG
1.JPG (100.23 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
front Fog ,
work if i mark in carista (Turn off front fog light when high beams are on) but it working with hi beam :| no corners. If this function is removed, then the fog light does not turn on at all :!: .
Rapid
New

Post by Rapid »

We did it Thanks Ciclo thanks Alex :wink:
led drl work as Parking and with lobeam.One thing now how to make it work less or more power with lobeam :roll: and solve the problem of turn signals :oops:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (38.83 KiB) Viewed 979 times
vvvv.JPG
vvvv.JPG (127.5 KiB) Viewed 979 times
ssss.JPG
ssss.JPG (88.52 KiB) Viewed 979 times
555555.JPG
555555.JPG (66.21 KiB) Viewed 979 times
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

8)

In other models (MQB, etc) the parking lights of the LED modules can be Adapted with the same brightness as the DRL/TFL, and in my humble opinion the car headlights look more beautiful/brighter... so I wouldn't worry too much if you can't find that lower brightness for your parking lights.
The important thing is that you already have the DRL and parking lights working on PQ26 headlights with a BCM PQ25!πŸ˜‹

It may also be possible to edit the operating values for the turn signals, have you looked at the adaptation channels with the/'your' VCP editor for BCM PQ25?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

:idea: Try 77 HEX in BCM Byte18... (to know what happens with the turn signals)
Rapid
New

Post by Rapid »

In other models (MQB, etc) the parking lights of the LED modules can be Adapted with the same brightness as the DRL/TFL, and in my humble opinion the car headlights look more beautiful/brighter... so I wouldn't worry too much if you can't find that lower brightness for your parking lights
Hello
i think the same :D but
Alex
this can be done, but it is fraught with the fact that at full brightness in the dark, the cilia can really dazzle, since they do not have a cut-off line and shine in all directions, for this purpose, the dimming of their brightness was invented when the head lighting is turned on
Anyway i try to bust that tomorrow.
Alex, if the value is converted from hexadecimal format (HEX) to decimal, it will essentially be a percentage)
But i dont know how many % brightness drl now, 100? The tfl as i understand 28%, if i convert 1c hex to decimal=28%. I try change 1c to 5c=92
coberter.JPG
coberter.JPG (20.38 KiB) Viewed 923 times
i also want make left led 10% less bright because right have defect :oops: i dont know if that possible :roll:
drll.JPG
drll.JPG (27.83 KiB) Viewed 912 times
wwwwww.JPG
wwwwww.JPG (12.35 KiB) Viewed 912 times
it is not visible in the evening but very noticeable during the day, all this with new cooler led module and not much polishing of the tube itself
The important thing is that you already have the DRL and parking lights working on PQ26 headlights with a BCM PQ25!πŸ˜‹
:wink: and you directly have a great contribution to this achievement))) Thanks again
It may also be possible to edit the operating values for the turn signals, have you looked at the adaptation channels with the/'your' VCP editor for BCM PQ25?
if you talk about first method for light adaptation , i didn't access to it :oops: vcp aliexpress 8)
NsZS1s3.jpg
NsZS1s3.jpg (59.53 KiB) Viewed 911 times
if it is in another meny then I will try to get through there if possible
Try 77 HEX in BCM Byte18... (to know what happens with the turn signals)
Update tomorrow
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

To have access to the first method that you say for lighting adaptation, the language setting of the VCP program must be in English.

Here you have a video of how to access and modify the values in a BCM PQ25. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16zeMCk_Ipg

As I told you, it would be difficult to know the exact operating values or percentages of the DRL and Parking lights of those bi-xenon headlights, unless someone has published the adaptation channels of their BCM Pq26 somewhere (which I searched for, but impossible to find).
Maybe you should put a percentage of 28% for Parking lights and 50% for DRLs, it is clear that this module that you show has been subjected to high temperatures.πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Finally, the turn signals appear to be built into the same LED module as the DRL and Parking lights in those Bixenon headlights, but the BCM PQ25 needs an operating value that doesn't consider it as a fault (open circuit or short to ground).
Some things to consider:
-The turn signals on BCM Pq26 (3 connectors, T73,T46,T73) are connected to the BCM by individual wires, ie 6 wires (2 front, 2 rear, 2 repeater/side), so there is greater control of each of these lights.
-The turn signals on the BCM Pq25 (2 connectors, T73, T73) are connected to the BCM by two wires, one for the right side and one for the left side.