Front radar wiring

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Rahim7869
New
Drives: 2019 Polo Beats

Front radar wiring

Post by Rahim7869 »

Hi, been getting front assist unavailable error ever since buying my second hand polo Beats, I have take the main grill off and examined the radar and the connector was missing, I bought a new connector from the dealers but cannot find any diagrams for which coloured wire goes into each pin, I was told 4 wires go into the 7 pin connector but the dealers could not tell me which wire goes to each pin, has anyone got a picture of their radar connectors and the ones I’ve seen online all have different coloured wires, or if anyone knows a way I can test each wire and figure out which pin each one goes to that would be great.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: Front radar wiring

Post by Maarten »

Did you buy the car knowing it had this problem?
If not,I would go back to the dealership that sold you the car.

AFAIK

Pin 1: Terminal 31 (brown)
Pin 2: CAN high (orange/green?)
Pin 3: CAN low (orange/brown)
Pin 4: Terminal 15 (red)

(somebody please correct me when I'm wrong)
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Front radar wiring

Post by SRGTD »

@Rahim7869; I’d do as @Maartin has suggested and take the car back to the dealer you bought it from - assuming you didn’t buy your car direct from the previous owner. If you bought the car from a VW dealer under VW’s Approved Used scheme, then any faults such as Front Assist not working should have been picked up and fixed under the multi-point check system that is carried out prior to the car being offered for sale as a VW Approved Used vehicle.

As the front radar sensor behind the badge determines when auto emergency braking should be applied, there may be insurance implications if such a safety feature has been permanently deactivated (presumably by the previous owner?).