Polo beats centre console removal

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Ironduke
New
Drives: VW POLO Beats 1.0 95HP 2018

Polo beats centre console removal

Post by Ironduke »

We have a Beats Polo that has a problem with the USB’s ports in that when you are driving, they sometimes disconnect and seem a bit loose. So, want to replace them.

Option one was we asked the VW dealer if they could do it, the seemed a bit non comital about it and tried to sell me a warranty package instead. Or they reckoned it was £600 plus to do it. Which I think seems a bit excessive, so assume they didn’t want the work.

Second option is getting a used part of a more recent Polo and fit ourselves. The problem is for the life of me I cannot find any YouTube videos, guides, manuals, step by step instructions etc as to how to remove it and which parts to do first. Seem to be plenty for older Polos, etc but non for this model. Having gone through the post’s on here I don’t think it’s been asked before either.

So, has anyone done it before if so, how? I think it cannot be that hard but I really don’t want to force bits in the wrong order and end up breaking all the clips and then have to try and source further replacements.

Any advice welcome.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: Polo beats centre console removal

Post by Maarten »

just pull gently from the bottom side of the sidepanel. Around where your shifter is.
It is retained by 3 or 4 clips.
When this is removed you can see the module of the USB.
Ironduke
New
Drives: VW POLO Beats 1.0 95HP 2018

Re: Polo beats centre console removal

Post by Ironduke »

Thanks will give it a go