New edition 25 polo gti

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Re: New edition 25 polo gti

Post by AndyGTi »

SRGTD wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:12 am
AndyGTi wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:01 pm Oh wow, that got me excited, special edition Polo GTI.

Then I read article, very minor and not much externally to lust over... but then I saw steering wheels and seats (black/red) my fav. But back in reality.. its only really an option if you were already in market for a Polo and fancied different wheels and leather seats.

The below is the VW UK press release and at bottom of first para (the one in bold) it says the exact spec and price for UK isn't decided yet... Well that is more positive (if you fancy one) than a "Its not coming to UK market"

https://www.vwpress.co.uk/en-gb/releases/4950#images

Good spot on the steering wheel and that would make it tempting. From my experience of 6 months, I have generally got on with steering wheel. had a few occasions of catching wrong button not doing what I wanted, Would I have buttons back if I could, very much so.

Not sure I like the Adelaide wheels but without the diamond cut element which the Golf gets it does create a different look, so not totally against them. (@SRGTD you will be glad to know I managed to scrap my alloy, when the kerb jumped out at me last Sunday, so I have the joy of an alloy wheel repair but local place says it can do Diamond cut (and if its good enough for Harrys Garage, it mush be ok)(Will let you all know how it goes)
The configurator is currently not available for the Polo on VW UK website, so maybe VW are updating it to add the ED25 GTI?

The ED25 was described as a ‘badge and stickers job’ by a forum member over on the Golf GTI forum and I think that’s quite a good description. As @Teee has said in an earlier post, if VW had given it more power then the resultant car would’ve been stepping on the toes of the Golf GTI and I doubt that’s something VW would want. Also, increasing the power would add more to the price, and that might make it too expensive for VW’s target market.

I do like the alloys, and that’s from someone who’s not a big fan of all-black alloys - but then I’m even less of a fan of diamond cut alloys (I dislike them with a passion for the reasons I’ve often stated on the forum!). If VW had offered a similar painted / powder coated alloy wheel option when I bought my car, I’d have chosen it in a heartbeat. Sorry to hear about your alloy wheel misfortune; I’m never glad to hear of anyone having the misfortune to do that. Here’s hoping your local place does a decent repair 🤞.
Thanks and I’ll need to get over to the place this week and get a price and timeframe for the repair. So I’ll let you know how it goes.
Ha ha I can imagine the comment was from one of two members that I recall on Golf GTI forum (they are a good crowd). Yes it’s very much a, “let’s rumble in parts bin and get some new seats covers.”
I don’t think the stepping on Golf GTI feet is entirely the reason, after all it’s only 2500 and it’s a special edition. I think the main reason is that it massively speeds up any development/ emissions compliance/ type approval if you can say it’s mechanically the same. Disappointing not to see a few extra horses but it’s just not going to happen these days.

Will be interesting to see what sort of price it is for the UK, with leather seats normally £2-3k option, it’ll be a pricey Polo
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

And here is a quick video from the PR dept:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjCr44l ... swagenNews
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Post by Maarten »

Do they all come without sunroof?
Not special seatbelts (red outline)
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Maarten wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:25 am Do they all come without sunroof?
Probably yes, although with VW’s limited edition models, it’s usually possible to add extra cost options in the same way that they can be added to non-limited edition cars. This was certainly the case in the UK with the mk7.5 Golf GTI TCR and mk8 Golf GTI Clubsport 45 anniversary model; owners could add options when they ordered their cars.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

SRGTD wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:13 am [quote=Maarten post_id=598030 time=<a href="tel:1684571150">1684571150</a> user_id=22314]
Do they all come without sunroof?
Probably yes, although with VW’s limited edition models, it’s usually possible to add extra cost options in the same way that they can be added to non-limited edition cars. This was certainly the case in the UK with the mk7.5 Golf GTI TCR and mk8 Golf GTI Clubsport 45 anniversary model; owners could add options when they ordered their cars.
[/quote]

Yes, I think sunroof would be available. To be honest quite a few of the options they say are standard on ED25 are already on standard UK GTI, so they do need something else on the options list.

VERY POOR not to have red stripe on seatbelts or red stitching on handbrake level. It’s little touches like that make a difference in my view and shows that they have put a little thought into the project.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:10 am And here is a quick video from the PR dept:
I love Manufacturer videos like this, that are staged (scripted) just makes me laugh but we do get some more shots of the car
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

AndyGTi wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:33 am
OomStu_ZA wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:10 am And here is a quick video from the PR dept:
I love Manufacturer videos like this, that are staged (scripted) just makes me laugh but we do get some more shots of the car
Cheesy, right? lol
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

POLO Clive wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:11 am https://youtu.be/hRwZNhoTXio
Those (presumably metal) valve caps with the VW logo seem to be a strange choice by VW. Metal valve caps have a habit of corroding onto the tyre valve stems because of galvanic corrosion between the different metals used for the caps and the valve stems.

A little inconvenient to say the least when you come to check the tyre pressures and you need to add some air to the tyres, but discover you can’t remove the valve caps because they’re seized on solid and won’t budge! If they don’t corrode on, then they’ll probably be stolen by some low-life or juvenile delinquent for ‘fun’ 🤔.

I’d be replacing them with plastic valve caps.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member

Post by OomStu_ZA »

SRGTD wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:41 am
Those (presumably metal) valve caps with the VW logo seem to be a strange choice by VW. Metal valve caps have a habit of corroding onto the tyre valve stems because of galvanic corrosion between the different metals used for the caps and the valve stems.

A little inconvenient to say the least when you come to check the tyre pressures and you need to add some air to the tyres, but discover you can’t remove the valve caps because they’re seized on solid and won’t budge! If they don’t corrode on, then they’ll probably be stolen by some low-life or juvenile delinquent for ‘fun’ 🤔.

I purchased black metal valve caps with GTI printed on them and had them going on 4 years now with no issues, yet.
Now that you mentioned rust etc I am a little concerned tbh and will now also inspect the valve covers everytime the tyre pressure is topped up (weekly).
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:03 pm
SRGTD wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:41 am

I purchased black metal valve caps with GTI printed on them and had them going on 4 years now with no issues, yet.
Now that you mentioned rust etc I am a little concerned tbh and will now also inspect the valve covers everytime the tyre pressure is topped up (weekly).
May be less of an issue if you’re removing your valve caps as regularly as weekly.

From what I’ve read on various forums, many owners don’t do regular tyre pressure checks (or under-bonnet fluid level checks either), so metal valve caps that are left undisturbed for prolonged periods of time stand a good chance of corroding onto the valve stems. Having to use brute force to remove them may well damage or destroy the valve stems.
TurboTrev
Getting There!
Drives: Golf CS

Post by TurboTrev »

Released for order yesterday in Germany, but can't see it on their configurator yet? Anyone heard when it will be released here (UK)?
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Liking the seats, I'd option those if possible but otherwise not worth it.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:26 pm Liking the seats, I'd option those if possible but otherwise not worth it.
I’d have the Adelaide alloys as they’re not diamond cut. Not bothered about anything else; happy to keep my existing car.
madmark
New
Drives: 2021 1.0 tsi dsg

Post by madmark »

has any body an idea if this car has blind spot assist on it, was it on the gti ? these are now available to order with only around 300 (so they say) coming to the uk
colour choice is the same as normal and looks like the normal red is only going to be that deep metallic kings red ,the smokey grey looks a nice colour tho ,
is dcc a option with the proper damper control as i have herd might be a hard ride witch is nice to adjust on some of these crap roads !
just thinking at the moement :|