Infotainment system stolen

Discuss In Car Entertainment
sublimagic
New
Drives: 2018 tsi

Infotainment system stolen

Post by sublimagic »

Hi Guys First post and not a happy one either.

Yesterday I became one of the latest victims of the great infotainment system theft craze that by the looks of it is a huge VAG problem.

They smashed my passenger side window and stole the touch screen with the trim including the air vent attached still and the brain box in the glove box. I was parked at work at Bradford royal infirmary they targeted 7 other VAG cars post 2018 reg the same day.

Now to my question can I replace with a aftermarket system maybe with a removable front panel that will give me the same features for example the screen where I can reset the tire pressure sensors etc etc or do I only get that with the VW infotainment system. I would rather not replace like for like this is the 3rd time in as many years my workplace has been targeted in this way. only other option is to sell and buy a non VAG vehicle
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Infotainment system stolen

Post by iichel »

I'm not aware of any aftermarket screen that can do the same as the original. Another option might be to get an aftermarket screen and add some extra buttons for ESP, TPMS. But you'll lose access to i.e. all the comfort menus in the CAR section.
sublimagic
New
Drives: 2018 tsi

Re: Infotainment system stolen

Post by sublimagic »

Thanks I will just replace with the factory standard one then and make a few tweaks to the dashboard so I can remove the screen and hide the head unit behind a metal plate in the glove box to try deter this kind of theft again.