temperature dial

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
redman2005
New
Drives: polo 2019

temperature dial

Post by redman2005 »

last week my 70 plate polo was in for a dashboard replacement, manufacturer recall, since then the temparature dial on the ac control will not turn from top dead centre to the cold position (left) and only turns to the right, supposedly the hot position. Is this a easy fix or does any have a link to a video on how to fix. cant be bothered taking it back to the main dealer, i have to take a days holiday from work of which i have none left, so i lose a days pay, and i have to leave the car with them.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: temperature dial

Post by lancslad1985 »

Never heard of this issue, but if it needs to go back to the stealer can they not give you a courtesy and collect the car? My VW stealership does this.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I’ve just has a look in the ‘Heating, air conditioner’ volume of the workshop manuals at the link in the first post of the ‘Polo (AW) Workshop Repair Manual’ discussion topic (it’s the third Sticky / Pinned topic at top of the forum board). Removing the control panel is covered (pages 144/145), but not the actual rotary controls.

https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?t=75383

@redman2005; I agree with @lancslad1985 - the dealer should fix it; assuming they caused the issue when removing and reinstalling your car’s dashboard, they should also provide you with a courtesy car. Like @lancslad1985, my dealer also provides a collection and return service when the work’s completed.

Out of interest, what was the subject of the recall? My GTI+ is a 2020 car on a 70 plate, so a similar age to yours. I’ve not received any communication from the DVSA, VW or the dealer I use, and when checking on gov.uk website, no recalls are listed for my car.
redman2005
New
Drives: polo 2019

Post by redman2005 »

SRGTD... The recall was related to the dashboard which apparently in tempatures of -15 or below, if the vehicle was involved in a rta there is a potential for the dashboard to shatter and cause serious injury
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

redman2005 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:05 pm SRGTD... The recall was related to the dashboard which apparently in tempatures of -15 or below, if the vehicle was involved in a rta there is a potential for the dashboard to shatter and cause serious injury
Thanks. Maybe not all 70 plate cars were affected, which might explain why I’ve not received a safety recall notice.
Harrihealey02
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

The recall he is referring to is this:

A FAULTILY INSTALLED NET FOR THE DESIGN BREAKAGE POINT FOR THE DISCHARGE OF THE PASSENGER AIRBAG HAS BEEN FITTED
Recall number
R/2021/400
Recall date
19-10-2021
Recall type
Safety recall

Reason for recall
A dash panel with a faulty installed net for the design breakage point for the discharge of the passenger airbag has been fitted.

How to check if the vehicle is recalled
Contact the local VW dealership or manufacturer. You will not need to pay for anything involving the recall.

How the manufacturer will repair
On the affected vehicles the dash panel has to be replaced.

Number of affected vehicles
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:11 pm The recall he is referring to is this:

A FAULTILY INSTALLED NET FOR THE DESIGN BREAKAGE POINT FOR THE DISCHARGE OF THE PASSENGER AIRBAG HAS BEEN FITTED
Recall number
R/2021/400
Recall date
19-10-2021
Recall type
Safety recall

Reason for recall
A dash panel with a faulty installed net for the design breakage point for the discharge of the passenger airbag has been fitted.

How to check if the vehicle is recalled
Contact the local VW dealership or manufacturer. You will not need to pay for anything involving the recall.

How the manufacturer will repair
On the affected vehicles the dash panel has to be replaced.

Number of affected vehicles
Thanks @Harrihealey02. Found this on the Car-Recalls EU website;

https://car-recalls.eu/recall/avolkswag ... lo-2020-2/

My car was built before the build dates of the affected vehicles, which confirms it’s not / wasn’t part of the recall.