Central locking key fob 2008 match 1.2

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
AntVeeW
New
Drives: Polo Mk4 (9n3)

Central locking key fob 2008 match 1.2

Post by AntVeeW »

I’ve read on these forums that the match may have had a single central locking key fob along with a generic spare from the factory (which of course is the one I’m left with after buying mine - why look after the key with the most functionality? Although I have also seen it could’ve been an option, so we’ll give prev owner(s) benefit of the doubt). My question is how much would places charge for a replacement. I’ve had mates tell me £2-300. Surely not, right?! I watched a vid where someone needed a replacement key fob for another car (admittedly not a VAG car) and they paid £50, so where is this daylight robbery of £2-300 coming from, and if that is the case are there any cheaper alternatives (I.e DIY methods - did see a cool vid on YT where a guy paired what I think was a golf Mk5 key to his Polo and even got the boot release working with they key, so the boot fully unlocked and opened with a single key press. Would be so cool) if anyone does have any insight or even has some experience doing this, I’d be happy to pay someone to do it, just not for extortion prices :lol:
AntVeeW
New
Drives: Polo Mk4 (9n3)

Re: Central locking key fob 2008 match 1.2

Post by AntVeeW »

For additional context it’s a late 2008 model if that makes a diff. 58 reg and registered September that year.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: Central locking key fob 2008 match 1.2

Post by Maarten »

Programming ANY keyfob from same model car is no problem.
The issue you have is that the immo and the keyblade have to be adapted to the car. Of else it will not run.
Locking and unlocking will work just fine.
Programmable via ie. VCDS
Adress 46

You can delete all previous coupled keyfobs.
Previous owner could still unlock the car with blade in the barrel.
Car will also start because immo is still programmed.
So when coupling new keyfob, do both keyfobs and delete all previous keys