2022/2023 Gloss Red Dash Inserts

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Biffco
New
Drives: None Yet

2022/2023 Gloss Red Dash Inserts

Post by Biffco »

Hi All

I’m currently looking for a replacement for my Mini Cooper S and the current Polo GTi is my top choice.

I’m looking for one with heated seats and the Faro alloys ideally, but I don’t think I can live with the red dash inserts that many seem to come with.

How easily are these swapped out for black and has anyone already done this?

Any help is much appreciated.
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Re: 2022/2023 Gloss Red Dash Inserts

Post by brainbow »

My 72 reg GTI came with dark inserts. Can’t stand the red, I’d just find one with the spec you want?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Agree on the red dash inserts. My GTi+ is a 2020 pre-facelift car and I ordered it with grey dash inserts rather than have the standard satin finish velvet red dash inserts that the pre-facelift GTI had.

@Biffco; I agree with @brainbow about finding a car with the spec you want - or as close to your preferred spec as you can find. Swapping out the factory dash inserts is an expensive thing to do. There was a forum member back in 2019 who considered getting this done to their pre-facelift Polo. They obtained a price from the VW dealer to supply and fit the parts and they were quoted……..£1,500 😮, and that was at 2019 prices. See discussion thread at the link below;

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=72839&p
Biffco
New
Drives: None Yet

Post by Biffco »

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve been keeping an eye on Autotrader and VW for the last month or two and there haven’t really been any that were perfect. I thought the dash bits would be the easiest/cheapest to change, cheaper than body colour, wheels or heated seats which are my non-negotiables.