OTA update for - Data plan

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

OTA update for - Data plan

Post by MikeDO »

I keep on getting the following Over The Air update. It's been going on for a couple of months now. Initially it would download quickly enough and then not install (regardless of how long you waited).
Then eventually it seemed to install OK (gave me the relevant "installed OK" message). So I thought "that's sorted then". I should have known better :(
Now at least a couple of times a week, the same update appears and then happily installs itself.
Quite often followed on the next day, by the system asking me to login again ... as I "supposedly" had not updated my profile for a long time.
Now I can login in again and all seems to go OK. Or strangely, I can just switch the engine off/on and I don't get this message and things appear OK.
The LIVE stuff on the Infotainment system seems to be working OK (EG., live traffic updates). So confused I am.

I've tried re-setting the Infotainment system a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I could consult my local dealer, but they are not exactly "just round the corner". And is it really worth it, as this is just really annoying, rather than a show stopping fault.

Question: anyone out there experienced anything similar??????????????

This is what I get each time:-

Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Re: OTA update for - Data plan

Post by Nora »

I keep getting the same update message, sometimes I let it download, but it keeps repeating. It also keeps logging me out of the My Volkswagen service so I have to reactivate it.
The car is going to the dealership on Friday (5/1/24) for a couple of minor issue's* and I have raised this problem with them, so it’s scheduled to be plugged into the diagnostic system to see what the problem is

*issues
The O/S rear reflector has a small piece (the size of my little finger nail) missing from the outside tip, that was missing on PDI & collection. The dealer initially tried to wiggle out of it but it’s evident in the pre delivery video that they sent me.
When a phone is connected to the front USB port via cable to allow charging and I select CarPlay to use CarPlay apps (Tomtom etc) it throws hissy fits when you select the phone in CarPlay, doing repetitive connections/disconnections.

Fortunately I had to visit the dealership yesterday (3/1/24) to discuss the issue of the reflector, so I was able to show the salesman what is happening with CarPlay. So while it’s in the garage for the reflector, they’ve book diagnostics time

So when they figure out what is wrong I’ll update my post
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

My Polo does this lately also ! The updates appear almost daily, they load and complete in a few minutes . Not noticed any difference to anything!! Weird
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

O'well... at least it looks like it's not just me.

If anyone finds a solution, then please update this post.

Thanks.
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

I’m getting this as well. Can’t wait to see what the solution is…..
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I’m not sure about the accuracy of the answer that I was given by the dealer, but they are aware of a glitch in the OTA system across the VAG brands.
As for the other issues that I mentioned that required a visit to the dealer, they didn’t find anything wrong with the Apple CarPlay connection when the tech connects a similar device to the car, so nothing was done to make it work for me, and they ordered the wrong replacement reflector so it means that I have to go back to the dealer on Saturday 13th, as nothing was actually fixed today, they apologised and offered to provide me a modest hamper as compensation
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

Nora

Thanks for the update.

At least (if you take their word of course :) ) they appear aware of the issue.

TBC as they say
CricketLover
New
Drives: Polo gti Facelift. March 2023

Post by CricketLover »

Hi,

Does anyone know please what the ‘1’ is on top right of the photo from my Infotainment screen from my Polo gti facelift?
Attachments
Photo of gti facelift Infotainment Screen
Photo of gti facelift Infotainment Screen
IMG_5858.jpeg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 1065 times
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

These are notifications for the OTA updates referred to in this thread .
MikeDO
Bronze Member

Post by MikeDO »

Swipe down/left from top of infotainment screen to see what's there.

Moan, moan ,moan. I'm now getting this "phantom update" pretty much every day now. It's starting to get on my **** :x
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Post by Simonz »

CricketLover wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:08 pm Hi,

Does anyone know please what the ‘1’ is on top right of the photo from my Infotainment screen from my Polo gti facelift?
Is this related to the radio station presents? Eg station number 1?
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Post by Simonz »

MikeDO wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:55 pm Swipe down/left from top of infotainment screen to see what's there.

Moan, moan ,moan. I'm now getting this "phantom update" pretty much every day now. It's starting to get on my **** :x
I have it almost daily "Software update available" - seems to make no difference if you accept it, it will appear again in a day or so. Makes me regret getting a 2023 model, miss the simple 2018 version I had with none of the digital dash, over air updates, too much tech. Also can't stand the cheap feeling square plastic gear knob - the classic round black leather one on older models was perfectly fine.