Keeps on asking me to login to my PROFILE

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Keeps on asking me to login to my PROFILE

Post by MikeDO »

The Infotainment system has reverted back to every few days asking me to login to my profile.
You appear to be able to bypass this by turning the engine off and then back on again.
It started doing this a few months back but then seemed to sort itself.... or so I thought.

Anyone else having this issue?

With the number of things that seem to go wrong with VW's online system/connection etc. I don't think I will be renewing this once the car is three years old!
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Re: Keeps on asking me to login to my PROFILE

Post by MikeDO »

Got to laugh at times, otherwise you would cry :lol:

This morning I noticed that for no reason that I could fathom, I got logged in with a "Guest" profile and it had kindly switched the Climate control off (it's happened a few times before).
Select my primary profile and all is well.

The Damn system has a mind of its own.

I wish all this rubbish was a "delete option" when you ordered / bought the car!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:54 pm Got to laugh at times, otherwise you would cry :lol:

This morning I noticed that for no reason that I could fathom, I got logged in with a "Guest" profile and it had kindly switched the Climate control off (it's happened a few times before).

I wish all this rubbish was a "delete option" when you ordered / bought the car!
Being an owner of a pre-facelift GTI+, there are some aspects of the facelift car I wouldn’t mind having like the 7 speed DSG and the small performance gain (204bhp/207ps compared to my car’s 197bhp/200ps) and the IQ Matrix LED headlamps. Would I want the facelift car’s tech, climate control touch panel and haptic steering wheel controls though? - er…..no thanks, I’m happy with my old tech which works as it should and the having physical buttons and switches that I can locate and use by touch alone 🙂.

As an aside, I had a voicemail message today from the local VW dealership telling me about VW’s current promotional event with some ‘fantastic offers’ (the sales guy’s words, not mine) on the Polo range, including the GTI. This is the third time in the last year they’ve tried to sell me a new GTI. I won’t be returning the call…….
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:55 pm [quote=MikeDO post_id=603241 time=<a href="tel:1707760473">1707760473</a> user_id=33962]
Got to laugh at times, otherwise you would cry :lol:

Being an owner of a pre-facelift GTI+, there are some aspects of the facelift car I wouldn’t mind having like the 7 speed DSG and the small performance gain (204bhp/207ps compared to my car’s 197bhp/200ps) and the IQ Matrix LED headlamps. Would I want the facelift car’s tech, climate control touch panel and haptic steering wheel controls though? - er…..no thanks, I’m happy with my old tech which works as it should and the having physical buttons and switches that I can locate and use by touch alone 🙂.

As an aside, I had a voicemail message today from the local VW dealership telling me about VW’s current promotional event with some ‘fantastic offers’ (the sales guy’s words, not mine) on the Polo range, including the GTI. This is the third time in the last year they’ve tried to sell me a new GTI. I won’t be returning the call…….
[/quote]

To be fair I had both the GTI+ and the facelift gti and never had any issues with the climate control buttons. The same buttons are in my wife’s polo r line and she’s fine with them.

Now, having gone back to buttons on a steering wheel in my current car I would look back and say no to haptic on the wheel. They didn’t bother me at the time, but the damn things wouldn’t always respond unless pressed in exactly the right spot. They also got warm when driving. I don’t miss them.