Warranty question - how long to fix an issue…

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Warranty question - how long to fix an issue…

Post by brainbow »

So my 72 plate GTI broke down just over 3 weeks ago. I was driving in slow moving traffic, it lost all power, stopped and every warning light possible flashes on. Won’t start at all. Won’t change gear. When you get out and lock the door (yes the central locking still works fine) the lights on the steering wheel flash slowly.

Anyway it’s with my local VW. It’s been just over 3 weeks now. Today they have sent a hamper in the post (I’ve got the tracking details) to apologise as after 3 weeks they still have not diagnosed the problem.

I’ve got a courtesy car, so can get around but what’s the position here? They had it in for a new steering wheel and on the way h9me this is when it happened so whilst the have not figured out was is wrong have accepted warranty and for them to sort. How long can this go on? Ok so only 3 weeks now but is this something that just takes time? What if can’t be fixed - is that a thing?

To be fair they’ve been great so far but after 3 weeks being told they still don't know what’s wrong sounds worrying???
brainbow
Bronze Member

Re: Warranty question - how long to fix an issue…

Post by brainbow »

VW garage sent me a lovely hamper……4 weeks now. Still no diagnosis on the issue :twisted:
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Not to worry you, but when I had my first 72 plate facelift it had massive infotainment issues where it wouldn’t log in, half of it wouldn’t work, etc. it went into VW Bolton who, at the time, were good. After 3.5 weeks there was no progress, as they were waiting for VW to come back to them as it was something they’d never seen. Unfortunately my car was the first, however they had four other vehicles come in with the same issue in that time.

I’m afraid I’ve no idea if it was sorted as I rejected the car immediately and they ordered a replacement after discussing my options with me. You may end up going down the same route, so you may want to look into your rights as a consumer here. VW aren’t the best at giving updates and always like to blame others - they tried to blame my company for oil in screenwash due to a customers broken headlight washers, but when we got the product back there was no oil present at all.

I’d honestly just be prepared for the worst. Their customer service isn’t the greatest.
brainbow
Bronze Member

Post by brainbow »

Thanks for the feedback. Fingers crossed it will get sorted - due an update tomorrow :D