Tyes

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Dairylee2016
New
Drives: 2006 VW Polo1.2

Tyes

Post by Dairylee2016 »

Hello. 🙂 I'm new here, so apologies if this is in the wrong place! I'm not very techy! I have recently purchased a lovely little 55 plate 2006 VW Polo. Great car, hasn't let me down. It is currently running on very skinny tyres 165/70/14. Friends and colleagues have said I can put bigger tyres on the car. Would anyone know anything about this, or if there is any publication or chart showing what I could put on it. Might seem a silly question to some, but I've no clue! Thank you in advance anyway. Cheers Lee 🙂
littlepolo
Gold Member

Re: Tyes

Post by littlepolo »

Not sure why you would want to do that. What do you hope to gain? The standard tyres are good enough and help return better mpg. You would also have to inform the insurance company of any non-standard change else your policy could be voided, leaving you in a legal predicament. FWIW I use Goodyear Efficient Grip and I'm happy with them.
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

Hi and welcome to the forum,
I have a 07 polo 9n3 and have mk4 golf gti wheels on it which are 16’s.so to answer your question yes you can fit different wheels.
Use this site to see what is possible https://www.willtheyfit.com/. You will need to know some information about your current wheels and the ones you would like to use.

FYI you may want to edit the typo in the title’TYRES’
littlepolo
Gold Member

Post by littlepolo »

Whilst the wheels/tyres will fit you still need to inform your insurer as this is a non-factory fit.