Weird brake feeling

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Casbantam
Getting There!
Drives: 1.2 TSI Match

Weird brake feeling

Post by Casbantam »

Hello, just looking for some info on a strange brake feeling.
When braking I can feel in the pedal a sensation like the car is braking uneven. From what I have read it could be a warped disc?
The backstory is in mid Nov the car was serviced/Mot at an Indy VW near me. New front discs and pads were fitted as low and they mentioned the back would need doing in the near future. All has been good till about a week ago when I started getting this weird sensation.
It is often difficult to get booked in quickly at the Indy so I got my local garage to check the brakes. They called to say that I was lucky I brought the car in as I had 2 studs missing and 2 loose in the Offside front with only the locking nut tight. On the front nearside 2 of the studs were loose.
They looked at the brakes and said they were fine but the back could do with pads but not desperate. I got pads fitted and drove away relieved.
I can however still feel the braking sensation although it is more subdued. It is very evident at slow speeds when coming to a stop. The car drives perfect and no vibration anywhere, just this weird sensation when braking that I can feel through the pedal.
What do you think?
The front discs are defective?
The back discs need replacing?
Something has gone wrong due to studs missing?
Why did the garage not notice this on road test I wonder?
Thanks for reading and any advice/suggestions
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Re: Weird brake feeling

Post by amer6R »

check the ball joint for play, and rear wishbone bushing
Casbantam
Getting There!

Post by Casbantam »

Hi amer6R

Wouldn't they affect the car when driving all the time though?

It's only under breaking that I feel it. Especially at low speeds when you are nearly at a stop its most noticeable. The only feeling or vibration or pulsing is through the pedal.

From what I am reading I am guessing it's the discs. Gonna take to the garage again tomorrow. Is it easy to see if the discs are warped? Or is it only by driving that you can tell?

Cheers
Casbantam
Getting There!

Post by Casbantam »

Could it be a sticking caliper? Garage say it will need to go on a rolling road to diagnose it
Casbantam
Getting There!

Post by Casbantam »

New discs and pads needed. Warped, Only 3 months since they were done! :(