iichels VW Passat 2.0 TSI DSG 4-Motion 2017

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Re: iichels VW Passat 2.0 TSI DSG 4-Motion 2017

Post by patil »

iichel wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:51 pm A genuine WTF moment today: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/41587/
What a bummer! 🙆

VW never disappoints in disappointing us 😂 Skimping on parts/ quality has become a new norm in automotive industry. Every car manufacturer is trying to cut corners to keep their profit margin unharmed, what a shame. And Chinese cars manufacturers are making big players run for their money😅

Recently a colleague of mine bought her first car, a Hyundai car worth 15k €, I was shocked to see no reading lamps, not even in front🙄 let alone vanity mirror lights or footwell lights. Shame on you Hyundai for omitting such a basic feature on your cars.

My new 5Q0 EC BCM has the t46/46 pin. Heck, even my old stock BCM has that pin ! damn VW. Our dear master has a point, may be VW engineers felt to skip that pin to save few cents on their expensive cars without washers😁
Rather than Frankensteining, why don't you buy new 5Q0 EC BCM, not so expensive now. 5Q0 EC BCM might also fix your interior monitoring alarm issue. I can confirm that mirror fold with easy close works with 5Q0 EC BCM as well.

Just a friendly suggestion 🤗
ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »

Quite a few updates. very nice iichel.
Though read but did not get to read thoroughly and respond.

Pity what VW (and others) are doing.
I hope we don't end up wearing apple vision pro and imagining all features :S instead of physically
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

VW released new maps for MIB2 and MIB3

Get them on the website or the Discovercare tool
iichel

Post by iichel »

Installed a new RLS:

old:

Code: Select all

Rain/Light Recognition Sensor: 
   Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 5Q0 955 547 B    HW: 5Q0 955 547 B  Labels: 5Q0-955-547.CLB
   Component: RLHS  042 0105 
   Serial number: S4Y17M06D29H19M25S21
   Coding: 00A8DD
new:

Code: Select all

Rain/Light Recognition Sensor: 
   Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 81A 955 555 A    HW: 81A 955 555 
   Component: G397_RLFSS  H06 0002 
   Serial number: 22181601X81A955555A0
   Coding: 02005D
The old one passed away, not sure why. The new one is found on many MQB2020 models, so far it's working just fine.
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

iichel wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:31 am Installed a new RLS:
The coding for new rls is different. Anything new ?
iichel

Post by iichel »

Not that i noticed. Some say it adds rain closing but i had that on old sensor too
iichel

Post by iichel »

It's been a while since I posted since I have a new retrofit project that's a bit more long term. Costs about 12 Passats (best part of half a million euros) and runs on 230V.
To get things even between the Passat and the New Project 'Home', I've fitted the house with airco and ambient lighting as well as a large size display with Android.
From factory, the Home has a sunroof, double glazing and a gas powered heating as standard.

The next upcoming mod for Home is solar panels.
The most recent mod was a garage for all my cars: https://www.instagram.com/p/C4NZ4tXsbbl/

Ambent lights by day and night:

For the Passat I did a relatively small mod as well, it's the OEM double glazing (PR VW0):
Front left 3G0845021
Front right 3G0845022
Rear left 3G9845025G
Rear right 3G9845026G

VW calls them shatterproof glass and it's said to have some thermal and acoustic advantages as well.

When I did my front window I already took the acoustic dampened option too and it was nicely noticable. Now I'm only disturbed by the exhaust rather than wind noise.
VW recommends to also change the coding of the door controllers, I didn't do that since I could not find any reference to it in ODIS or VCDS labels.

More pictures: https://imgur.com/a/1fWi28o
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Nice home. 8)

In the unfortunate place where I was accidentally born and according to the current world order of things, to have a perfectly air-conditioned house (with a standard salary and 'being legal') has to be a termite mound. :lol:

I used to organize good meetings on the terrace of a chalet where I lived for several years (what parties we had 😆). Currently, I prefer to live in my wife's Apartment, it has its drawbacks, neighbors with customs from past centuries, noisy and smelly pets, lack of space, etc... but some advantages, I think it is more comfortable, less laborious, and having the feeling of being a God among so many human rats with an immense lack of cultural, civic, ethical and moral education (democratically speaking 😁), including people with university degrees, poor minds who will die being poor and their lives will not have had any meaning (only having children who without any other kind of option will be the future slaves), ...although I very much doubt that they even have enough intellectual capacity to give meaning to their miserable lives.

Good idea to change the windows on your Passat, they are the ones previously installed on the Audis I had a long time ago. The Golf 7.5 has already started to install the vibrating model of windows with any road bump (Das Auto).🤭
I hope to improve the window vibrations somewhat with the DCC project... hmm... from now on, it's one of the main reasons to install the DCC.😄
iichel

Post by iichel »

Thanks Fernando for your kind words and sharing your interesting views on the world. I'm sure many people agree with you, but it's nice to see someone actually speak out on it. Thank you for that.

The house is not bad, it's about 150 square meters with a double parking spot on premise and a garage. That's really nice.

Here in the Netherlands we are in the middle of a transition from fossil fuels for both mobility and housing to electrically driven solutions. If you build a new house, it's not possible to get a connection to the gas net for example. Heating must be either via a pellet stove or full electic.
Which of course results in a high demand from the power. Aaaaand we slightly forgot to maintain the power grid so 15 years ago you got 3x25A main connections for free, and now you'll have to fight for 3x15A or 1x35A, otherwise you get 1x25A and that's it.
1x25A for a new house with electric heating, mechanical ventilation, electrical cooking, electrical driving, you see where it's going? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Of course we now have solar panels on about 25% of the properties so people can use all the power they want when the sun is shining, and that's the times we don't cook, we don't charge our cars and we don't need heating.

Two weeks ago, one of the operators of the electrical grid actually called upon the people to not charge their EV"s during rush hours: https://nos.nl/artikel/2510535-netbehee ... -21-00-uur

But in my own situation, 1m3 of natural gas for heating costs about €1,50 and it will heat for about 10kWh. 10kWh of electricity will cost about €3,50. But with a CoP for a heat pump or airconditioning of about 4-6, you'll easily cross that price mark.
And what's even more interesting is a legislation that allows producers of energy by solar panels to net out their production versus their use. So on my roof I have 12x 425 = 5000wP, here it will produce about 5000kWh on a yearly base
I can then use 5000kWh of electricity per year regardless of my own production times. So during the day, I could produce 20kWh and use it all during the night. The rules allow it. The grid is my battery.
So the trick is to use all the electricity you produce, since a net production will give you only about 2ct per kWH.

5000kWh at a CoP of 4 will give you the equivalent of 20.000 kWh of heat or 2.000m3 of natural gas. I don't use that in a year. So in the end, for me as a producer, it's a win. But the grid needs to really add capacity.

It's a very strange situation, mostly the result of a very fast transition from fossil fuels to electric 'sustainable' energy and the power grid can't really handle it.

But I really like my new Passat windows, it is said to be much quieter. So I'm now only disturbed by the exhaust system rather than the down noise.
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Beautiful house dear iichel 😍👌👏
I loved the back area of the house.. that's where I would like to relax evenings after days work ☕ 😋

It's too big of a house for you and your two cats. We don't like you to be a single and happy retrofitter forever 😂 you should get married and have kids to utilise it fully and make it a home 😁

Remember this retrofit?? I hope it will inspire you🤭
viewtopic.php?p=603101#p603101