2021-22 GTI mud flaps

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TrebleTA
Bronze Member
Drives: 2021-22 GTI+

2021-22 GTI mud flaps

Post by TrebleTA »

Was looking for front and rear mudflaps for my 2021-22 GTI, yet they don't seem to make them, is that right or anyone know the part number or if so know of another brand?
Alboyuk
New
Drives: R Line

Re: 2021-22 GTI mud flaps

Post by Alboyuk »

VW dont make mudflaps for the GTI and also the Polo R line model
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: 2021-22 GTI mud flaps

Post by SRGTD »

As @Alboyuk has said - there aren’t OEM VW mud flaps for the Polo GTI or the R Line. GTI and R Line models have a different design of rear bumper and also have sill extensions, hence why the standard Polo mud flaps won’t fit a GTI as the profile of the fixing area on the car is different to the profile of the OEM VW mud flaps.

On cars I owned up until 2016, I’d always had mud flaps fitted. I’ve owned two Polo GTI’s since then and with VW OEM mud flaps not being available, I can say in all honesty I’ve not noticed that either of those cars get / got any dirtier than earlier cars I owned that did have mud flaps fitted. Additionally, both of those cars have / had virtually no stone chips, so not having mud flaps doesn’t seem to have made them more susceptible to stone chip damage along the lower sides of the car. Therefore, unless you live in a rural area where the roads are regularly covered in mud / road debris, I personally wouldn’t bother trying to find a set of aftermarket mud flaps to fit.

Additionally, I prefer the cleaner lines of a car without mud flaps.