Replacing front window seals

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
dodderss
New
Drives: Polo Mk5 1.2 Moda

Replacing front window seals

Post by dodderss »

Hi,

A few months ago, the battery drained on my Polo 6R and was dead, I also found out that the key did not work in the door as it had been replaced by a previous owner. Because of this, i tried to open the door with one of those inflation bags to reach in with a wire and open the handle (i know it doesnt work! had to charge the battery from under the car to fix it).
However, when I did this, i must have caught the wire on the seal that goes around the passenger door and it has ripped.
How would I replace this window rubber, is it just a prise up with a screwdriver and then put new one in or is it more complicated?

Thanks
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Re: Replacing front window seals

Post by amer6R »

dodderss wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:01 pm Hi,

A few months ago, the battery drained on my Polo 6R and was dead, I also found out that the key did not work in the door as it had been replaced by a previous owner. Because of this, i tried to open the door with one of those inflation bags to reach in with a wire and open the handle (i know it doesnt work! had to charge the battery from under the car to fix it).
However, when I did this, i must have caught the wire on the seal that goes around the passenger door and it has ripped.
How would I replace this window rubber, is it just a prise up with a screwdriver and then put new one in or is it more complicated?

Thanks
can you circle on a photo what seal. They are all pretty easy to replace