Rattle center dashboard

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Le_Combattant
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2 TSI 90 Cup

Rattle center dashboard

Post by Le_Combattant »

For news fews month my car has rattle coming from center console area/center vents.

Mainly when it's cold and on bad road (i'm lowered), so on hard bump/portholes, it rattles.

I removed everything climat control (I put felt around, it's much better now), center display and center vent.

Nothing wrong, but on center vent you have some metal clips around to maintain the assy in place ins the dashboard. On the right side of this assy, on metal clip is missing and the two plastic welds are broken.
Maybye from factory or after with time because I couldn't find those parts.

Here a video where I recorded the rattle of the center console: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZsfD1AoKD4Q?feature=share

Few on the bottom, most part are coming from center vent. I already ordered a new part to replace my faulty/broken one.
Tinman
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.0 Litre R Line 110hp

Re: Rattle center dashboard

Post by Tinman »

I had a rather annoying rattle coming from the steering wheel whenever the car move above 10mph, had put up with it for a year then decide to investigate, turn out is the airbag module. The problem is the void atea between two metal pieces (think is part of the horn assembly?) surrounding the centre where the yellow connector is connected, the two metal pieces was hiting each other causing rattle when car is moving above 10mph. I have fix it by putting some soft padding in between the metal, horn still work when place back, maybe need a slighly more push to get horn to beep. I had investigate further and find its common problem and they just replace the air bag module or do what i did by puting in padding of out of warranty 😂
Le_Combattant
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2 TSI 90 Cup

Re: Rattle center dashboard

Post by Le_Combattant »

Hopfully, I'm not concerned by this one, even it's a well know issue.
Last year I had to remove steeringwheel airbarg to change my steeringwheel and put a new one.

No noise coming from the airbag but one, sligthly coming from the rotating ring behinde (1 month after). Digusted :?