6R Cruise Control Retrofit Problems

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Buci
New
Drives: 6R 2011

Re: 6R Cruise Control Retrofit Problems

Post by Buci »

ciclo wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:45 am I don't think the fault detected is related to the 'new' BCM/GW (09/19 Addresses), I think it is 99% due to the Basic Setting of the G85 slip ring in the ABS unit (03 Address).
Maybe you are not doing it correctly, have you started the engine to do the Basic Setting?

For the 6R Europe 2009-2014, the G85 basic setting is done in Address 03: ABS Brakes and not in Address 44: Steering Assist.

You would have saved a lot of time (which is more valuable than money), problems, and money, if you had followed my advice and already had the Original diagnostic tool.🤷‍♂️
The g85 resolved. But I have an error in vcds for cruise control. Pin 69 in ecu as you said ciclo but there is no light for on the mfd when I drive over 40 km/h.
Vcds
1 fault found. 6118-cruise control switch (e45) P 0568 00 [037] implausible signal
The stalk was used in another car.
What can it be? Also I bought wires on a german web site with instructions. I would share them here but I do not know how so you can see what pins I used. Strange thing that they said in the instructions ( and wire had that option like a spliter ) was to connect new wire with an existing one and the other end to a pin on the bcm. So I did not connect anything to the fuse box.

What can be an error?
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Forget the kufatec instructions and focus on installing the wires like in this diagram. Physically check what you already have installed.
viewtopic.php?p=490258#p490258

Autoscan?
Please remind us which engine your Polo has to verify the correct pin for your ECU.
You must make sure that the ECU pin is inserted correctly...
Buci
New
Drives: 6R 2011

Post by Buci »

ciclo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:01 pm Forget the kufatec instructions and focus on installing the wires like in this diagram. Physically check what you already have installed.
viewtopic.php?p=490258#p490258

Autoscan?
Please remind us which engine your Polo has to verify the correct pin for your ECU.
You must make sure that the ECU pin is inserted correctly...
I dont know to insert autoscan here...how?
Cgpa polo engine, you told me the pin 69 before in the posts.

I had a problem with inserting 69 pin in the ecu...a lot...maybe it was not ok inserted...
I will recheck fhe wires. Ciclo it is not kufatec website. I have pdf file with pictures and pins. Is there a way to sent it to you to see if the manual is ok?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

... you have to come to the forum/war already cried from home.😄

Two options to post an Autoscan.
- You copy the entire Autoscan that is in the text file and paste it into the text editor.
- Or you can use the 'code' tool of the text editor.

Code: Select all

paste autoscan here

I already know the Kufatec instructions from many other times, it is not necessary to post them, they are fine, the problem is that whoever reads them sometimes does not know how to interpret them.
That is why I referred to the diagram, it is impossible to get lost with the original diagram.

It is highly likely that the ECU pin is not inserted correctly, it is a common problem. You have to be precise and meticulous in the way it is inserted, in addition to moving the locking mechanism slightly to be able to insert it correctly and then lock said mechanism again. The locking mechanism is usually purple/pink or similar.

I don't remember telling you what the pin was for the cruise control of your engine control unit...🤷‍♂️
There are two possibilities for CGPA:
- If the ECU has 80 pins, the correct pin is 24.
- If the ECU has 121 pins, the correct pin is 69.
(Ah, ok, I already saw it reviewing your posts, 69, yes, it's 69).
SaurabhVW
New
Drives: Polo Sedan 1.6 MPI

Post by SaurabhVW »

Siddhants127 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:54 pm Hi patil, yes as soon as i remove the 69 pin connection this epc and check engine lights are gone….you are right probably my ecu doesnt support ccs.
So i guess i cnt enjoy ccs in my car alas.

Anyway thanx a lot for this comprehensive search and consequent explaination for this issue.
Will try to return the wiring set and stalk😔😔.

Or can i swap the ecu ….is it possible …is it doable?
Hi Siddants127

I have recently done a cruise control retrofit on 1.2 MPI polo with same CJLA engine ecu, however the ecu pin 69 was empty and were able successfully install and code the ecu for cruise control..
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Good info, thanks!👍