2024 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Mk 1 Polo

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
polodriver
Getting There!

2024 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Mk 1 Polo

Post by polodriver »

Hi all

The Goodwood Festival of Speed has been in touch in me. It’s having a class in the Cartier Style et Luxe Concourse d’elegance dedicating exclusively to cars designed by Marcello Gandini. I don’t actually know how much input Bertone and Gandini had in the final Mk1 Polo/Audi 50 design – I think it might be minimal – but regardless of that, it’s nice to know the Polo is being honoured.

So… Goodwood is looking for any fortunate owners of Mk 1 Polos or Audi 50s that would be available to take part. The ideal display car has to be in good condition and totally original inside and out. (One car that comes to mind is Luke Hebert's 1976-1977 car.)

The Festival of Speed takes place July 11th-14th. The car would be needed anytime between Monday-Wednesday before the event goes live on the Thursday, and can be collected anytime on the Monday morning after the event. Sadly Goodwood can’t offer transport to the event. However, an entry will include weekend admission tickets, an invitation to The Ball at Goodwood House on Saturday night hosted by The Duke of Richmond, and also Cartier’s champagne reception and prize-giving lunch on the Sunday.

The cars are supervised at all times so owners don’t have to always be onsite, and are welcome to explore the festival on any day.

If anyone has such a car as described above, or knows of someone who does, drop me a line at rich@polodriver.com – with an image or two – and I'll forward to Goodwood for consideration.

Many thanks,
Rich

PoloDriver.com